Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling Garen viabillity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

05-03-2010

So far I have seen one jungling Garen. It seems viable and I wondered about it when I first started playing him. I just have not messed with it at all. So I was just seeing if anyone reading these forums has tried it. What their thoughts are on Garen jungling and general strategies. Lack of a stun/slow for ganking seems the largest downfall but u can pick up Phage for pretty cheap as a first item and should have at least that and boots by the time of level 6 for an ulti finisher.

Anima Libera

05-03-2010

I don't see how this would work. He has no lifesteal/heal as champions such as Master Yi, Warwick, or even Shen. But I guess if you start with Vampire Scepter and Health Pot you could kill a few creep crowds with Judgement while protected with Courage...

TerritorialFish

05-03-2010

I actually jungled as Garen once. I did have to lane until I could afford madreds (level 3 or so if you're good at last hitting). Then I bought madreds, some health pots and proceeded to jungle. Grabbed their lizard then went thru my jungle. Oh ya, smite is a must.

theIatola

05-03-2010

Why would Garen jungle when he is the best melee laner in the game?

Saberin

05-03-2010

Quote:
theIatola:
Why would Garen jungle when he is the best melee laner in the game?

I would disagree with you and raise you a Mundo, but yeah. Garen's a pimp in the laning phase when he can just back off for a bit in the brush, regain all his health then run out, wreak a creep wave and retreat.