Jungling Garen viabillity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

So far I have seen one jungling Garen. It seems viable and I wondered about it when I first started playing him. I just have not messed with it at all. So I was just seeing if anyone reading these forums has tried it. What their thoughts are on Garen jungling and general strategies. Lack of a stun/slow for ganking seems the largest downfall but u can pick up Phage for pretty cheap as a first item and should have at least that and boots by the time of level 6 for an ulti finisher.

Anima Libera

05-03-2010

I don't see how this would work. He has no lifesteal/heal as champions such as Master Yi, Warwick, or even Shen. But I guess if you start with Vampire Scepter and Health Pot you could kill a few creep crowds with Judgement while protected with Courage...

TerritorialFish

05-03-2010

I actually jungled as Garen once. I did have to lane until I could afford madreds (level 3 or so if you're good at last hitting). Then I bought madreds, some health pots and proceeded to jungle. Grabbed their lizard then went thru my jungle. Oh ya, smite is a must.

theIatola

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

Why would Garen jungle when he is the best melee laner in the game?

Saberin

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by theIatola View Post
Why would Garen jungle when he is the best melee laner in the game?
I would disagree with you and raise you a Mundo, but yeah. Garen's a pimp in the laning phase when he can just back off for a bit in the brush, regain all his health then run out, wreak a creep wave and retreat.