[Guide] Garen, what you did not know.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reijek

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakuvii View Post
After reading your guide the first time, I found it quite useful, quickly rising to the top of my friends in games (KDR wise). However, there are many things unlisted that should be, and a few errors.

FIRST OF ALL, GAREN IS NOT A TANK. PERIOD. HE IS A SEEKER/HUNTER/GANKER, THAT'S IT.
I would strongly disagree. Garen is an insanely viable tank. having upwards of 180+ armor and MR along with a silence and shield, I think it is rather absurd to not take him seriously as a tank. Garen needs to be played and adapted to each specific game, yes he's an awesome ganker but lets face it that only helps early game. LoL is about map control and team fights when necessary. All three of your builds have minimal survivability and could EASILY be gang banged during a team fight. To be honest these builds would really only work if you had a taunting tank such as rammus to draw fire away from Garen. I also believe you're KDR numbers are HIGHLY exaggerated. Not to mention since when does KDR make you a good player haha, I'd rather win the game being 2-8 than lose being 30-2. Having a hybrid build yields approx 70% of games won, that means match history 7 wins 3 losses. lets face it winning is all that matters.

Darkintegral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

Why is Garen banned every rank game /cry.

Symmon

09-28-2010

the guide here says physical, but the LoL character page says magic. There is also a poser who disagrees, and I think that when I look at a death after being killed by garen it is magic... so

isn't his R magic?

Darkintegral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

...i am growing old... it does say that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symmon View Post
the guide here says physical, but the LoL character page says magic. There is also a poser who disagrees, and I think that when I look at a death after being killed by garen it is magic... so

isn't his R magic?

LawliPOP

11-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkintegral View Post
written: May 02, 2010
omnislash - summons cloud strife to unleash his limit break on to enemies.
lol

freAK47

11-17-2010

Darkintegral, u said that "Ult dmg is diminished by armor though. Test this again, it is unclear from the tool tip!" well, im sorryto burst your bubbles guys, but Demacian Justice is the only ability of Garen's that does magic damage and so is reduced by MR. The ult description will say so if you put your cursor over it wen plying as Garen. Also, it gets no benefit from his AP.

freAK47

11-17-2010

I agree with Reijek. Garen can be an incredible tank. his pasive gets him there. Add on a Force of nature and thats .85% health / second. plus a sunfire cape, a health item based on your situation, atmas impailer, and infinity edge. not only wil u suck damage like no tomorrow, u can dish out plenty of damage now as well with judgement.

Shavebeard

11-18-2010

guys, imagine the spin would proc onhit effetcs - hello bloodrazor OPness

Arcarian

11-23-2010

As an avid Garen player, I use a mixture of tank/dps gear, and might eventually write my own guide once I get my runes fixed, but there is a major flaw with this guide that I thought I should post on.

Quote:
Decisive Strike
Maybe you did not know:
h. You cannot activate this spell while spinning.
You are completely incorrect regarding this ability. It is perfectly possible to activate it while spinning and I use this regularly to insure that whomever I'm dicing stays within the circle of death.

Unless you meant that to be silly... At which point I'll hit you with a wet noodle. >.>

LolCatIsLol

11-24-2010

Erm, 2 contradicting parts:

You say

Quote:
Did you know Garen's ultimate does physical damage instead of magic?
Then you say
Quote:
Maybe you did not know:
a. This spell's damage is MAGICAL and reduced by enemy MAGIC RESIST, not armor, updated some random patch ago.
...?