[Guide] Garen, what you did not know.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebonclaw

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkintegral View Post
1. You are correct, Judgement is affected by armor. Sorry!
2. Demacian Justice is affected by armor, but not magic resistance. It does physical damage.
3. Only the 33% damage portion is taken in to account. Each individual tick can critically hit directly proportional to your critical hit chance, independantly but only the 33% portion is doubled, not the bonus damage listed.

Sorry if this has been said in the other pages, I don't have a lot of time to keep reading.

It is generally accepted by now (through thorough mathcrafting) that Armor Pen beats crit as a damage increaser. This is when you are comparing your 100% AD from one, to the next.

It just seems to me that the value of Armor Pen would be greater when you are putting additional damage into the equation (ie- 33%AD + 30), because now you can only crit the 33%, and not the 30, but reasonably the 30 will still be affected by the Armor Pen.

This would not be the case if the ability dealt magic damage, but we have specified that it IS physical, therefore it would stand to reason that Armor Pen would be MUCH more cost effective, when using this ability as a major source of damage.

jdizzoffthehizz

05-27-2010

[QUOTE=Darkintegral;1189167]Written: May 02, 2010
Perseverence
b. This ability is ONLY deactivated if Garen is damaged.

This is not always true. For example....When warwick uses his ability that he can see you it cancels perseverence and perseverence can't be used until out of range of that ability.

aimology

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomManufact View Post
jokes are absolutely horrible in this btw, just stick to the tips plz lol

I beg to deffer, I found the "wont work on females" quite hilarious. Maybe you need to get a sense of humor.

IronMongrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2010

Does Bloodrazor proc off of bladestorm? I imagine 8% of the max health, plus base damage, of all enemies every second might be quite nice.

ShaShouX

06-09-2010

bump this stuff seems important

Carewarwuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

bump, also a question, is it true demacian justice deals physical damage?

Matuk

06-30-2010

I think this should be mentioned about Courage:

Although, (in the case of your example, having 100 armor), activating Courage technically only reduces the total damage by 17.5% instead of 35%, you're still taking 35% less damage than you would have without the activate.

The damage you take with your 100 armor is already going to be 50% of what you would take with no armor. So you're still reducing your incoming damage (without Courage) by 35%.

Hamburglin

06-30-2010

Does madreds razor apply to each hit of his spinning move? I assume not, but it's worth a try.

DramaticBear

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkintegral View Post
b. This ability is ONLY deactivated if Garen is damaged.
No actually, some debuffs that DON'T DAMAGE, like warwicks blood scent, toggle this off.

Comrado

07-03-2010

Quote:
No actually, some debuffs that DON'T DAMAGE, like warwicks blood scent, toggle this off.
It's true, I was fighting many times against Warwick and when his Blood Scent affected me, Preservance was instantly toggled off. It's seriosly annoying >.< BTW isn't it a bug?

And Garen sometimes has seriuos problem with closing champs, he does enormous dmg, but can't do a thing when enemy is trying to escape to a tower. Also ranged champs are pain in the ass, because they can harass you just with auto attacks and slowly drain your health. That's why I think, that for the best effect Garen should be paired with ranged champ with a slow/stun ability like Ashe or Annie.