[Guide] Garen, what you did not know.

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temlam

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuffedTigga View Post
quick tip.
Use your Decisive strike but dont hit anything. while on speed buff use your judgement.
at end of your judgement hit your enemy for the silence.

While on your judgement you can turn on your Courage.
rarely a good tip. The silence works best before judgement.

Hit them with it then activate. In this way, I have disabled people like fiddlesticks trying to enter a group fight and chain killed him, and against those like tristana or corki with a natural ability to jump away, they lose that ability to dodge your judgement.

Of course, it is imperitive for any good garen to realize when the enemy has flash (and any LoL players to know all other summoner spells of both allies and enemies) and the trickiest part, when they are just barely on cooldown from the over 2-3 minutes they last used them.

Darkintegral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

Quote:
quick tip.
Use your Decisive strike but dont hit anything. while on speed buff use your judgement.
at end of your judgement hit your enemy for the silence.

While on your judgement you can turn on your Courage.
Good point, I will edit my post with this information. Thank You Tigga.

StuffedTigga

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temlam View Post
rarely a good tip. The silence works best before judgement.

Hit them with it then activate. In this way, I have disabled people like fiddlesticks trying to enter a group fight and chain killed him, and against those like tristana or corki with a natural ability to jump away, they lose that ability to dodge your judgement.

Of course, it is imperitive for any good garen to realize when the enemy has flash (and any LoL players to know all other summoner spells of both allies and enemies) and the trickiest part, when they are just barely on cooldown from the over 2-3 minutes they last used them.
granted that the Decisive Strike with Judgement isnt ment for a sure kill. its just to harrass in the begining of the game.

BY ALL MEANS don't engage teamfights by not silencing a CC champion. That be just stupid. but you can still use it if you are being slowed so you can not get to the CC champions fast enough for a silence.

Also Judgement allows you to freely move through minions.

Temlam

05-03-2010

Quote:
granted that the Decisive Strike with Judgement isnt ment for a sure kill. its just to harrass in the begining of the game.

BY ALL MEANS don't engage teamfights by not silencing a CC champion. That be just stupid. but you can still use it if you are being slowed so you can not get to the CC champions fast enough for a silence.

heh, I always use silence early game before judgement, usually get as many kills as levels before I have my ulti unless I have a bad lanning partner or serious dps/bleeds against me.

Darkintegral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

Quote:

I agree with the first statement. I disagree with the 2nd statement. Let me test again though...

Temlam

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkintegral View Post
I agree with the first statement. I disagree with the 2nd statement. Let me test again though...
I have the opposite opinions. Decisive strike then judgement is great for a sure kill, I do however know that silencing the cc and using judgement to run through a slow is good, and yes, judgement does allow you to move THROUGH minions, it acts just like ghost. I can usually handle a tower for an extended time against 2 enmies constant pushes by using judgement, going into mobs, using my shield, then killing the mobs or almost (enough dead for 1 hit kill earlier) and then allow my passive to regain health for the next attack.

Doomed to failure, tristana is a decent way to tower launch and kill me that way, but against the right champions I would only lose half my turret health in 5-10 minutes while gaining the same levels and gold as my enemy.

Darkintegral

05-03-2010

I can confirm Judgement does not allow you to move through units like Sprint or Energy Ball

Temlam

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkintegral View Post
I can confirm Judgement does not allow you to move through units like Sprint or Energy Ball
you can move through minions. I've done it like 500 times now.

edit:
I should alter this to say enemy minions, I have not tested on friendly minions.

Darkinfinite

05-04-2010

Why do you have 5 Warmogs for tanking?

Frykka

05-04-2010

Thanks for guide, some useful stuff for me early game.

I tend to play safe, not feed so I go

Cloth armor start => heart of gold
Boots
Longsword
Negatron Cloak
Boots => Ninja Tabi (lvl 6)
Longsword => Brutalizer
Chain Vest => Wardens => Randuin's
Brutalizer => Ghostblade (lvl 11)
Negatron => Abyssal Scepter
Infinity Edge
Zeal
or Last whisper (lvl 18)
Zeal => Phantom Dancer
rarely get to item #6 but I toss in a BF or Spirit Visage instead if I even recall near end...

I use a n52te hand pad :-) Have it all set for LoL and with Randuin's in slot 1 and ghostblade in slot 3 ready to pop.

I am a little over a week into working out my Desert Trooper Garen play. I usually go close to 8-1-10 most games and could get a few more kills early game if I went more aggressive and used ghost rather than exhaust (often 0-0-0 and first tower in my lane down at lvl 10). Mid-game, I have the most trouble with casters which is the reason for the cloak to Scepter and my casters appreciate the aura. By endgame I can hold any lane at a tower solo vs the gank which is good for a solid win ratio. Need to work on getting a few more kill shots but I definitely have top damage.

any helpful comments welcome...

1234567 ... 9