[Guide] Garen, what you did not know.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkintegral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

Edited for organization.

amazaké

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

Ghostblade is good for Garen for a couple reasons, he doesn't stack attack speed, which means he hits hard. Very hard, so when you pop that Ghostblade cooldown, its bambambambam dead. As for a IE, it's amazing right after, but you can still get it almost every game and it's a lot more expensive, so it takes a while to work towards. Ghostblade is kind of a cheaper zerg / gank weapon, which is what you should be doing by the time you get it.

wildfire393

05-03-2010

I want to say that given the fact that all three of Garen's abilities' damages are affected by Armor Pen and only Judgment's 33% AD portion and his Autoattack are affected by Crit Chance, that Armor Pen would be the more effective runes.

Let''s look at this situation - Ghostblade + IE (45% Total crit Chance, 210 total damage, 250% Crit Damage, 15 Armor Pen) with Crit Chance and Armor Pen. Assume target has 60 Armor. Crti Chance Marks give 8% Crit Chance, while Armor Pen Marks give 19 Armor Pen.

Armor Pen
Autoattack average damage: (210+(.45*1.5*210))*100/(126) = 297 damage per attack
Judgment average damage: (90+70+(.45*1.5*70))*100/126 = 164 damage per tick
Decisive Strike average damage: (120 + 210 + .45*1.5*210)*100/126 = 374 damage
Justice average damage: (525+.4/hp)*100/126 = 416+.32/hp

Crit Chance
Autoattack average damage: (210 + .53*1.5*210)*100/145 = 260 damage per attack
Judgment average damage: (90 + 70 + .53*1.5*70)*100/145 = 148 damage per tick
Decisive Strike average damage: (120+210+.53*1.5*210)*100/145 = 342 damage
Justice Average damage: (525+.4/hp)*100/145 = 362+.28/hp

The God Ghetto Holy

05-03-2010

I'm pretty sure his passive still heals even ifyou attack. At least once it's healing.

Lucchinii

05-03-2010

His passive procs if you DON'T get attacked for 7 seconds.
You can keep attacking someone for over 10 seconds and it will still be going if they don't attack back.

The swords that appear on top of enemies hit, means you've crit.

Lucchinii

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCumference View Post
Personally i don't find anything beats Spirit visage > Merc treads > Randuins Omen > Frozen mallet > Atma's Impaler > Insert last item you find useful but will never attain in any normal game here
That's really more of a tank build. Most people like to go AD on Garen.

I myself think a hybrid would be best, but I've yet to try it myself till I get enough IP for some more runes.

wildfire393

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The God Ghetto Holy View Post
I'm pretty sure his passive still heals even ifyou attack. At least once it's healing.
Yes, this is what he said. However, once you have "dropped out" of healing, either attacking or being attacked resets the duration.

Temlam

05-03-2010

Some additions to decisive strike (big ones, it's the skill I like, and some lulz)

The lulz- I love using it against turrets I've done it since like ym second game, spamming continuously, it really takes them down fast.

Additions:

1) It should be noted, the speed bonus does not end when you use decisive strike's damage and silence effect.
2) The effect influences the cooldown, despite the stupid skill showing double cooldown. Only after you have used the strike itself will the cooldown proc to beginning again. The reason for this being silly is that if you do not use the skill during its activation time, it resets the cooldown as well.
3) If your enemy moves, and there are minions nearby, attack them constantly. It is like a lot of on hit skills, if your enemy is not the closest thing to attack at the point of your attack, it will auto attack the closest. In this way it is like rammus' powerball, which sucks tbh as it is not an aoe but a strike :P

Darkintegral

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temlam View Post
Some additions to decisive strike (big ones, it's the skill I like, and some lulz)

The lulz- I love using it against turrets I've done it since like ym second game, spamming continuously, it really takes them down fast.

Additions:

1) It should be noted, the speed bonus does not end when you use decisive strike's damage and silence effect.
2) The effect influences the cooldown, despite the stupid skill showing double cooldown. Only after you have used the strike itself will the cooldown proc to beginning again. The reason for this being silly is that if you do not use the skill during its activation time, it resets the cooldown as well.
3) If your enemy moves, and there are minions nearby, attack them constantly. It is like a lot of on hit skills, if your enemy is not the closest thing to attack at the point of your attack, it will auto attack the closest. In this way it is like rammus' powerball, which sucks tbh as it is not an aoe but a strike :P
This is a good point, I will edit my post to take account of your information. Thank You.

StuffedTigga

05-03-2010

quick tip.
Use your Decisive strike but dont hit anything. while on speed buff use your judgement.
at end of your judgement hit your enemy for the silence.

While on your judgement you can turn on your Courage.

123456 ... 9