Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good Assassin For A Newish Player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenFIames

08-08-2011

urgot, it'll also open doors to smart cast.

Etherimp

08-08-2011

Quote:
Forrestal:
i'm moderately suprised that no one has mentioned Poppy yet.

Poppy is easily one of the most potent single target burst in the game, and her ulti is based around her ability to wade into an entire enemy team, take out the Ez/Ashe/Karthus with two hits and run off before the enemy team knows what happening.

Poppy can be built as an AD carry, an AP burst, or a hybrid. she's got THE best passive in the game (halve all damage that exceeds 10% of her current health- prevents said karthus from killing you after you kill him).

Sure Poppy is not nearly as viable as Xin or Irelia at higher levels, largely due to her complete lack of farming ability whatsoever, especially when built as a AP, and is heavily reliant on getting fed in order to pwn.

some good videos of my own favorite- AP poppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Dcra5IiFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD9Qn-xWQ7s&feature=related

a well played poppy at lower levels will face roll.

"a well played poppy" = Not a beginners character. Poppy is great when played well, yes.. But she's extremely difficult to farm with and you have to be rather proficient at roaming/ganking to see any real success with her. This does not make her a good "beginner" character.

Hence why I suggested Katarina.

Katarina has an escape/gap closer.
Katarina is incredible damage.
Katarina has no mana pool, energy bar, or any ability costs.
Katarina has no skill shots.

If you can avoid feeding up to level 6, then build AP and press R, you can play Katarina.

Once you get bored of Katarina and start to see enemies who know how to train you with their CC, then you can move on to better assassins.. I would recommend Akali or Nocturn. Irelia is more of a Tanky DPS, although she's classified as an assassin because technically she is an anti-carry. Xin is also classified as an assassin but he is more of a hard melee carry, much like Tryndamere. TF is an assassin but is often played more as an AD/AP carry. Same with Vayne, (she's more AD carry.)

Nocturn and Akali, however; can both jungle and both play cleanup/chase/dive. One of the best aspects of true "assassins" is the ability to come flying out of the jungle and gaurentee 1-2 kills.

YoMamaHa

08-08-2011

wow guys thanks for all the help!

Azellos

08-08-2011

My first assassin was Akali, and i still play her to this day. She's very powerful and not too hard to play. It's helpful to have a good rune setup to play her and activate her passives early game, but you can easily play her without runes in normal games. Make sure you build her almost all AP, with just enough AD to trigger both passives. She's simply stronger AP.

Poppy is only 1350, and she is a very good and relatively easy assassin. The only thing you'll need to get good with is using her E to hit people into walls, but she does have a lot of room for error considering how risky many assassins are. I definitely reccomend her.

Kat is another strong assassin but she can get shut down if you/your team doesnt have very good game sense, i feel like for a newer player you should go something else.

Xin is debatedly an assassin. He's considered a very strong fighter who can tank hits while doing a lot of damage, but at the same time there are other champs which are more adept to taking out a single target quickly. He's a great champ if your interested in him though.

Kass isn't too hard to play, he can be good if played right but for a newer player i'd reccomend something else. If you like him though buy him by all means, he can be very strong.

Eve is a bit weak, TF is hard to play, Pantheon is UP, Shaco is borderline UP and very hard to play (very fun though), Irelia/Noc/Lee sin are all good but 6300.

Atomicpuma

08-08-2011

Akali. Easy to play, seriously easy.

Bad Burglar

08-09-2011

What you can try after these other suggestions which have been spot-on so far (for the most part) is Evelynn. Now, now, she's not really a "beginner" champion because she is very squishy and doesn't leave much room for error early game. However, if you can survive early game and start some ganking, you'll be well on your way to being a professional assassin, even with her recent nerf from stun > slow from stealth. My recommendation for an EASY assassin, though, is either Katarina or Master Yi. GL & HF

HelpMeNotRage

08-09-2011

Akali and Kat are both pretty easy. If played well are both VERY strong.

Daudeh

08-09-2011

LeBlanc is the same price as majority of these people said, and she's rarely played compared to say, Katarina and Xin, she can easily take down majority of the team, excluding the tank, which is still possible if fed, and believe me she is easy to get fed.
She is just all round amazing, and definitely worth a try.

CatOdEpicNyan

08-09-2011

Early game:leblanc
mid game: akali,kass,twitch (assuming your are even a lil fed from early game)
late game: twitch End of disussion about late game. you can, with the right Crit/as/ad build Can Uncloak from behind the enemy team Drop an r and maybe a w and after getting as many poision stacks on as many people as you could use your w (If not used at the start) and e and there your quad or penta right there