Good Assassin For A Newish Player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyroie

08-03-2011

If assassin = killing one enemy quickly and safely...

Veigar with a Deathfire Grasp & Boots of Mobility. Just land his insanely long-ranged stun (never let them get close), click everything, and you've got one of the fastest, safest kills in the game. If you miss your stun, back off, wait several seconds and try again.

Only thing to watch out for are opponents with Cleanse or Quicksilver Sash, but those are rare. Also, I get his stun to rank 5 second, not last - the extra stun time is vital, and is a huge help for the rest of your teammates.

And no, you don't really need to farm much AP to make it work against squishies, who should be your target anyway. Enjoy.

gpa4

08-03-2011

Cheap and also the Best solution is Jungle Master Yi.

YoMamaHa

08-04-2011

any other suggestions?

YoMamaHa

08-07-2011

I suppose i should try xin.unless there are any objections.

thatsmyfetish

08-07-2011

Her ult was nerfed to the ground, mostly useful for healing or wiping creep waves

Etherimp

08-07-2011

Katarina is the most faceroll character in the game... Until you start getting matched up against players who know how to shut down your Ultimate with stuns/knockbacks, you're pretty much a wrecking ball. Just spin to win.

Dwarfling

08-07-2011

Warwick is pretty easy if you want a jungler assassin.

Forrestal

08-07-2011

i'm moderately suprised that no one has mentioned Poppy yet.

Poppy is easily one of the most potent single target burst in the game, and her ulti is based around her ability to wade into an entire enemy team, take out the Ez/Ashe/Karthus with two hits and run off before the enemy team knows what happening.

Poppy can be built as an AD carry, an AP burst, or a hybrid. she's got THE best passive in the game (halve all damage that exceeds 10% of her current health- prevents said karthus from killing you after you kill him).

Sure Poppy is not nearly as viable as Xin or Irelia at higher levels, largely due to her complete lack of farming ability whatsoever, especially when built as a AP, and is heavily reliant on getting fed in order to pwn.

some good videos of my own favorite- AP poppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Dcra5IiFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD9Qn...eature=related

a well played poppy at lower levels will face roll.

Julius Romanus

08-07-2011

Akali is a wonderful sin to play, I'm still very new and I can tell you that doing things wrong definitely will ruin your game as her. That said it's actually pretty easy to do things right with her. Once you hit level 6 it's impossible for most champs to get away from you if you do not want them to. You have 3 very long range dashes saved up that do decent damage, proc sheen, and let you set off your marks. The damage is fantastic, and you can really pump good spellvamp even with moderate farming. Mind you this is in normal games, but everything I've seen seems to hold that she stays powerful in her role in ranked/competition. Though obviously you have to get much better at that role as a player.

Final note on her: she farms pretty decently, just play passive and last hit and you should be fine. The worst games I've had involved being solo lane against someone with good ranged damage. As long as you don't feed though, you can turn the tables at 6 pretty handily. High risk, high reward character and a lot of fun to play.

lastchancexi

08-07-2011

I really like Irelia for this role, because she's tankier than any other champion which does this, which means you can initiate and blow up without being afraid of getting blown up. On top of that, squishy melee characters generally are terrible in lane early, they can't trade hits with tanks, and they can't get in range of ranged characters.