Gangplank,a viable BALANCED champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Randompaserby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaketeeth01 View Post
they havnt actually played GP to see how he works against other champion's.

GP is not a crit to win.
Have you tried to CC him twice?

first example that pops into my mind. Taric.
Stun > cleanse >stun > cleanse on CD because it's only level 1 and has a 17 second cooldown.
And that's if one champion has a cc.

If the GP player payed enough IP to rune a full page of Apen and crit dmg runes, then yes rush a brawlers and crit chance, and melt face.
He will still lack mana, and hp.

If GP is harrassing you with Q, BUY POTIONS.
And GP is a crit to win character, buying IE on average at 15-20 minutes in causes him to crit upwards 600+ and at that point not many champs can take more then 2 hits from that.

Running flat crit for early game dominance is much better then CrD or ArP imo, nothing like getting a 275+ crit at level 1 off of parley which then slows the enemy, if you're running exhaust the champ is gone. It's not hard at all to zone people out of lanes with GP with his amazing farming, harassing, and ganking potential.

Also if you don't rush crit bracer you can easily afford health and mana pots to cover you until you decide to port back to collect more items. IMO early game GP only needs a bit of mana regen to dominate his lane and if he's mid there are very few champs who can zone him out if any at all.

Kanashi

08-02-2011

Before the rework, GP has always had his cleanse, always had parley being able to crit, heck, his old +AD bonus from parley was even higher than currently so he can crit even harder at level 5 (at Q skill level 3, it used to +90, now its +70 and I believe his base AD wasn't raised, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ht=patch+notes yes, he gains more AD from activating E, but he can't be spamming that early game anyways) And the ones saying his Ulti does tons of damage, his ulti had higher damage, bigger area before rework (and the old and new Ulti are both just as random and unreliable for damage).

The ones that are complaining about his "HUR, HE CRIT FOR A LOT EARLY GAME, 1/2 MY HP" hasn't dealt w/ laning GPs because that is really nothing new. People dealt w/ it before the rework, same thing w/ his old deny. Sure, wasn't fun to deal with, but he wasn't OP because of his pre-rework Parley.

The ones coming out from Jungle wouldn't be critting you (unless you're unlucky) since shouldn't be running crit runes in jungle and definitely won't be starting w/ brawler glove either.

Right now I believe the main issue is w/ his passive's slow and in combination w/ red, the slow is too ridiculous and will almost definitely force an escape summoner spell when he ganks from jungle. This is the main problem.

What they need to do is either a) make the Q not apply passive or b) make it apply a smaller slow for shorter duration, or c) just do away with this new passive and bring back the old one (and not apply on Q).

The gold nerfs this past patch were really pointless because it doesn't address the fact that he can come out of jungle and gank w/ a really hard to deal with slow. (I suppose for the ones QQ-ing about crit, it doesn't address the fact that Q applies the DoT and slow)

If Riot decides to 'nerf' him in the wrong areas again, its not really going to help solve the problem and I honestly don't want to see another Pantheon-like incident either.

If you like playing GP and want him to stay viable, better accept the fact that he does require a good look at and make reasonable suggestions, otherwise the nerf will come and hit him like the Bismarck and sink down to the bottom of the sea, along with other forgotten and overnerfed champions.

Best Zod NA

08-03-2011

Whatever happens,

Attackfang

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Pataka View Post
Does any other character have a cleanse that heals? Hell no!
Curse you Riot, for making abilities unique! Stop that!

Afirias

08-03-2011

Meh, Cleanse with heal is nice, But that with an movement speed ability, Slow on hit passive. You need a burst to pretty much kill him before he can do anything. Personally i dont think he needed the slow on hit passive.

Seutsuna

08-03-2011

The fact he can chase down an Udyr using lvl 5 bear stance, a trinity force and ghost w/o ghost is silly :|

OOKIEPOOKIE

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seutsuna View Post
The fact he can chase down an Udyr using lvl 5 bear stance, a trinity force and ghost w/o ghost is silly :|
Except he cant.

And if for any reason at all a gp is 1v1 on an udyr, and the udyr DOESN'T win, that udyr sucks horribly. Because #1 he should be jungling and have double buffs at lvl 5
#2 he has a stun and DOT + lifesteal and spellvamp.
And udyr happens to be one of the best 1v1

(dont mention heals, because udyr has a shield that can be recast in 3 seconds, gp has 16 second cd.)

Way to lie.

Xervous

08-03-2011

main source of complaints:

he jungles + movespeed buff + can perma slow (from a distance at times)

does this remind you of any other champs?

Seutsuna

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOKIEPOOKIE View Post
Except he cant.

And if for any reason at all a gp is 1v1 on an udyr, and the udyr DOESN'T win, that udyr sucks horribly. Because #1 he should be jungling and have double buffs at lvl 5
#2 he has a stun and DOT + lifesteal and spellvamp.
And udyr happens to be one of the best 1v1

(dont mention heals, because udyr has a shield that can be recast in 3 seconds, gp has 16 second cd.)

Way to lie.
Allow me to add more details:

By the end game, everyone is team pushing, making jungling difficult/dangerous. So at the time, I was buffless, while GP had both buffs. IE, his slow paired with red buff, and his speed (even more so with a PD) lets him move at 525+ move speed.

On another note, Udyr's shield is useless by end game. it's like, what 200 dmg mitigated? I still get slowed with it on, which is the major reason for the death.

Take a minute to think about things before questioning people's integrity.

xRiney

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demifiend24 View Post
I don't feel GP is overpowered; at least not more than he was pre-buff.

His Q always had the potential to slam your face in for massive damage, but his new passive suddenly gave him a gap closer and utility extra. Nothing changed in his squishiness, but the reduced reliance on RNG made him viable all of the sudden.

Remove Scurvy was always his best skill, and remains balanced in a way; force him to cleanse your soft CC before slamming your hard CC. This has always been a counter to GP.

His E skill was nice when it was a deny, now it's perfectly tuned to him. Extra AD and movement speed synergize with his passive nicely, without giving him ridiculous amounts of movement speed to escape everything unharmed.

His ultimate is finally what it should be; a global initiator/ counter-initiator and scarecrow. Its unreliability made GP weak in the past, its reliability now apparently makes him OP.

He's balanced now. A solid pick for an AD carry, with possible jungle included. Fits into most teams and can actually be threatening prior to level 18 with full item build.

I have yet to hear anyone provide me with actual, factual information as to why Gangplank is overpowered.
Well put OP. +1 for you