Gangplank,a viable BALANCED champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George Pataka

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Some 101 View Post
All the people defending GP make me laugh. He is not OP, he is imbalanced. He has a slow passive. Ashe does not have a slow passive, she has a skill that she has to toggle on and use mana to slow champs with.

GP has a slowing passive, requiring no thinking just auto-attack and you get a slow. As well, this slow passive can be proc'd with his Q ability...ranged slow. If you are a champ with no escape, explain to me how you are going to get away even with merc treads, he has you slowed regardless. Then he has his AS and Movement Speed buff...MOVEMENT SPEED. So, now that you are slowed he can still catch you because he has a short duration ghost. What, hit him with CC, oh yeah he has a heal/cleanse of any ability... Still not convinced, his ult can slow you too.

A properly played GP is a force to be reckoned with. The fact of the matter is, that in proper hands he is quite imbalanced. I'm not saying OP but imbalanced. The amount of CC and anti-CC he has just doesn't fit in with the game.
All that with his aoe slow global ult. I really hate to cry nerf but wth... Remove global or no slow on either ult or passive

Rhendeth

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demifiend24 View Post
I don't feel GP is overpowered; at least not more than he was pre-buff.

His Q always had the potential to slam your face in for massive damage, but his new passive suddenly gave him a gap closer and utility extra. Nothing changed in his squishiness, but the reduced reliance on RNG made him viable all of the sudden.

Remove Scurvy was always his best skill, and remains balanced in a way; force him to cleanse your soft CC before slamming your hard CC. This has always been a counter to GP.

His E skill was nice when it was a deny, now it's perfectly tuned to him. Extra AD and movement speed synergize with his passive nicely, without giving him ridiculous amounts of movement speed to escape everything unharmed.

His ultimate is finally what it should be; a global initiator/ counter-initiator and scarecrow. Its unreliability made GP weak in the past, its reliability now apparently makes him OP.

He's balanced now. A solid pick for an AD carry, with possible jungle included. Fits into most teams and can actually be threatening prior to level 18 with full item build.

I have yet to hear anyone provide me with actual, factual information as to why Gangplank is overpowered.
So, let me get this straight, GP needed a slow on everything he does, as a gap closer, even when he's able to speed himself and his entire team up by 22%?

Where's Olaf's 22% speed boost? He needs it more than GP, as he doesn't have a cleanse (Remove Scurvy is better imo than Olafs Ult).

He didn't need a slow on everything. No champ should have ranged, melee, nasty crits, cleanse, heal, slows, group haste, steroids and a global Ult. There goes your logical, actual and factual information as to why GP is OP. He's got everything but a Stun and Stealth.

Get Some 101

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Pataka View Post
All that with his aoe slow global ult. I really hate to cry nerf but wth... Remove global or no slow on either ult or passive
Don't even consider it a nerf, it's a balance issue. I'd prefer it be called balancing. GP was fine before his passive change, not sure why he got the change in the first place.

DontxknowxME

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of God2 View Post
Yea that 7% slow is crazy it's so hard to buy merc treds since I'm afraid of a 7% slow -.-
The issue is it is stacking and a DoT, up to what, 28% and 84 dmg per second at max stacks and max level, but not including resistances. Add on that his Parrley does all on hit things and he is able to increase his speed with E. Face it if GP wants you dead and you don't have flash or teammates near, you are almost guaranteed to die, even if you turn and fight. I mean Parrley is almost another attack and he'll heal a decent amount along with breaking any CC even suppression(Which was meant to be the unbreakable CC) The only other thing that breaks Suppression is a 1440G item with a 90 second CD.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

his ult nerf or glitch is stupid basicly u can't get gold from it anymore.

Eduardd777

08-02-2011

balance you play lol or other game, gp is the most inbalanced hero
lvl 5 he use parley in me and he kill me with 520 of damage is balance for you, and is balance the free cleanse and the permaslow ;(

Pilige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

He has a slow....xin has a knockup, noc has fear, tryn has endless rage, yi can't be slowed, and olaf can't be disabled...and you guys a re crying about a slow?

Sameoo

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartaz View Post
You are probably really bad with him if you can't see how strong he is, He is in my top 5 champs right now and probably a must ban on ranked. He his totally too strong.

aoe ranged ult with slow and good dmg at level 6
perma slow
Q farming and harass
E aoe buff
W free cleanse + heal

How can you say this champion is not op? And yes i'm playing him a lot.
Hmm... a must ban in ranked you said.... But you don't play any ranked and I just checked your profile.

Gp's beeing the same since beta, his Q crits, he remove cc, and he aoe buff. How come ppl don't complain till now? Ohhhh... it's because you guys just discover GP can crit OMG! big deal, riot is not gonna nerf him

Snaketeeth01

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilige View Post
He has a slow....xin has a knockup, noc has fear, tryn has endless rage, yi can't be slowed, and olaf can't be disabled...and you guys a re crying about a slow?
they havnt actually played GP to see how he works against other champion's.

GP is not a crit to win.
Have you tried to CC him twice?

first example that pops into my mind. Taric.
Stun > cleanse >stun > cleanse on CD because it's only level 1 and has a 17 second cooldown.
And that's if one champion has a cc.

If the GP player payed enough IP to rune a full page of Apen and crit dmg runes, then yes rush a brawlers and crit chance, and melt face.
He will still lack mana, and hp.

If GP is harrassing you with Q, BUY POTIONS.

George Pataka

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaketeeth01 View Post
they havnt actually played GP to see how he works against other champion's.

GP is not a crit to win.
Have you tried to CC him twice?

first example that pops into my mind. Taric.
Stun > cleanse >stun > cleanse on CD because it's only level 1 and has a 17 second cooldown.
And that's if one champion has a cc.

If the GP player payed enough IP to rune a full page of Apen and crit dmg runes, then yes rush a brawlers and crit chance, and melt face.
He will still lack mana, and hp.O

If GP is harrassing you with Q, BUY POTIONS.
Tarics stun has 14 cd at level one and ten on level 5. So that point is moot. One critical hit does about as much damage as one pot heals so that point is moot. Does any other character have a cleanse? Does any other character have a cleanse that heals? Hell no!