Gangplank,a viable BALANCED champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demifiend24

08-02-2011

I don't feel GP is overpowered; at least not more than he was pre-buff.

His Q always had the potential to slam your face in for massive damage, but his new passive suddenly gave him a gap closer and utility extra. Nothing changed in his squishiness, but the reduced reliance on RNG made him viable all of the sudden.

Remove Scurvy was always his best skill, and remains balanced in a way; force him to cleanse your soft CC before slamming your hard CC. This has always been a counter to GP.

His E skill was nice when it was a deny, now it's perfectly tuned to him. Extra AD and movement speed synergize with his passive nicely, without giving him ridiculous amounts of movement speed to escape everything unharmed.

His ultimate is finally what it should be; a global initiator/ counter-initiator and scarecrow. Its unreliability made GP weak in the past, its reliability now apparently makes him OP.

He's balanced now. A solid pick for an AD carry, with possible jungle included. Fits into most teams and can actually be threatening prior to level 18 with full item build.

I have yet to hear anyone provide me with actual, factual information as to why Gangplank is overpowered.

Best Zod NA

08-02-2011

but his passive makes you so slowww

iAteMyVegetables

08-02-2011

Well I played Gangplank before the remake and after. And I don't really see much difference in damage. I mean Parley still kicks ass. But I will never call it op 'cause even though he does nice damage and has a heal he's really squishy anyways. I mean I was fed and got Nocturne 40% and I was 100% and he almost killed me due to his fear, luckily after fear over ofcourse I could do another Parley so he died. But really all he has is his Parley and melee, he doesn't have stuns or slows or w/e. Well I don't count his ult ofcourse, but that's really not something I use in a 1 vs 1 situation.

Edit: I forgot his passive slows, owell. I still think he isn't op.

Demifiend24

08-02-2011

His passive doesn't slow u to much more than ashes passive skill or anything else and he squishy and easily countered if you have your wits about you.

Bla5ted

08-02-2011

The built in slow makes it so if you run from him there is no getting away...its ridiculous not to mention he can kite melee characters if hes good red buff on GP is what is OP. Honestly if he is really good he can do soo much damage with really no risk to any in return. GP kiting makes me rage, just my 2 sense though.

GL out there

iAteMyVegetables

08-02-2011

How can he kite you? You sound terrible at this game O_O.

Man of God2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post
but his passive makes you so slowww
Yea that 7% slow is crazy it's so hard to buy merc treds since I'm afraid of a 7% slow -.-

George Pataka

08-02-2011

I just do not like his heal. so many times I have seen him slow heal and away he goes because you lose all cc on him. I would like to see it be made a passive that adds hp regeneration and on activation causes more HP regeneration. I don't like it being a cleanse either

Get Some 101

08-02-2011

All the people defending GP make me laugh. He is not OP, he is imbalanced. He has a slow passive. Ashe does not have a slow passive, she has a skill that she has to toggle on and use mana to slow champs with.

GP has a slowing passive, requiring no thinking just auto-attack and you get a slow. As well, this slow passive can be proc'd with his Q ability...ranged slow. If you are a champ with no escape, explain to me how you are going to get away even with merc treads, he has you slowed regardless. Then he has his AS and Movement Speed buff...MOVEMENT SPEED. So, now that you are slowed he can still catch you because he has a short duration ghost. What, hit him with CC, oh yeah he has a heal/cleanse of any ability... Still not convinced, his ult can slow you too.

A properly played GP is a force to be reckoned with. The fact of the matter is, that in proper hands he is quite imbalanced. I'm not saying OP but imbalanced. The amount of CC and anti-CC he has just doesn't fit in with the game.

Vartaz

08-02-2011

You are probably really bad with him if you can't see how strong he is, He is in my top 5 champs right now and probably a must ban on ranked. He his totally too strong.

aoe ranged ult with slow and good dmg at level 6
perma slow
Q farming and harass
E aoe buff
W free cleanse + heal

How can you say this champion is not op? And yes i'm playing him a lot.