Twisted Fate runes? Armor Pen or Crit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnCataldo

05-03-2010

Anyone have a link to the match comparing critical chance to armor penetration? I'm just curious.

Uranium

Recruiter

05-04-2010

From my experience, I have tried both crit chance and armor pen in marks, and i honestly prefer having about 10 armor pen and the rest crit chance.

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-04-2010

Crit chance actually compares quite well to armor pen. Obviously, armor pen dominates when the enemy is in the "sweet spot", where you reduce their armor with armor pen to near 0. When the enemy is at very high or very low armor, crit chance actually does better as far as expected value of damage (i believe, it also depends on if you have the 10% crit damage mastery or an infinity edge).

Armor pen, on the other hand, is much more difficult to find (unique passives only) and lends a hand on heroes who have auto-crits (shaco, ashe). It is also handy to have a bit when farming creeps (lizard, minions, you name it).

Both are acceptable, I use armor pen.

DayInTheSun

05-04-2010

Armor pen runes + Cleaver + Sword of the Divine active = Melted enemy champion

Ryth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...etration+runes

Here it is, problem solved.

Armor Pen > All

Shaderone

05-05-2010

What about Quints, Glyphs, and Seals? I know Glyphs don't have armor pen as a choice... attack speed? Mana regen?

TehFoliage

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Crit Damage deals less damage then armor pen even if you have 100% crit rate.
When you consider that Shaco's Deceive is not only a guaranteed crit, but also one that deals 120% bonus crit damage in addition to your crit runes, you get a ridiculously bursty Shaco. I believe that is the idea with him, to do a massive amount of damage on that blink strike, as opposed to consistently hitting for a large amount as Ashe or Tristana would want to build for. I'm not saying Shaco wouldn't do more damage on his regular melee hits with the armor pen, because he absolutely would, I just think people build him to hit insanely hard on that one strike and then gtfo