Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spirit Visage UPGRADE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lcr2003

05-02-2010

Was doing a bit of thinking last night....and it would be REALLY cool to have the Spirit Visage upgrade in to some type of item that gives an increased duration to NON-ULTIMATE friendly-buffs.

I was thinking that the Spirit Visage would be the first item, the second being Glacial Shroud (really many other items would work well also). A combine cost of 700 gold on top of that, granting the final item.

The final item would have a UNIQUE passive: Increases the Duration of Non-ultimate, friendly-buffs by 25%.

Or something along those lines....

EDIT -- The non-ultimate stipulation is of course to avoid increasing the duration of things like the Tryndamere ult, Zilean revive ult etc.

Silent Reaper

05-03-2010

cool idea /signed

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

05-03-2010

I love spirit visage as first item on tanks like shen and amumu and even taric, i find with shen that i wind up selling it late game for natures wrath, so anything that could improve it late game would be pretty extremely great, i think

xzymethx

05-03-2010

Quote:
Lcr2003:

EDIT -- The non-ultimate stipulation is of course to avoid increasing the duration of things like the Tryndamere ult, Zilean revive ult etc.

Yeah, 'cause these two ultimates are so OP.

Lcr2003

05-03-2010

I didn't say they were overpowered....but making Zilean's revive last almost 30 seconds WOULD be a bit overpowered.

There are LOTS of various ultimates that provide a buff to the players using the ultimate -- it's THOSE abilities that I'm worried about.

The idea of the item is to increase the effectiveness of ALLIES buffs, more so than your own buffs. Much in the way a Rammus would benefit from picking up a Spirit Visage if he has a Soraka on his team.

EDIT -- Yes, I agree ENTIRELY HomoSapien....that's actually what gave me the idea. I almost ALWAYS get an early spirit visage on - Shen, Nasus, Mundo, Soraka, Nisalee, and like you find myself selling it mid ----> late game.

The ONLY time I'll ever keep one late game is if our team happens to have a real good Soraka or AP-Nidalee.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

05-05-2010

is there any reason why there shouldn't be an upgrade for spirit visage of any form?