What do you think of this idea?

Yes, this is a good idea. 47 44.76%
Yes, but someone else said it. 8 7.62%
No, I don't like this idea. 29 27.62%
No, it's stupid, you're stupid. 21 20.00%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Bringing Lore into the game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DFxKazuto

08-04-2011

I think this idea shouldnt be applied as a versus buff but more a benefit buff. Rather than garen and katarina getting buffed versus each other, why not introduce teamwork buffs? For example Garen and Lux - if in lane together(or within a certain range),a buff is applief to the two or you can have it so that one characters skill can benefit another certain character. This wud also work well for certained skinned parties (frejlord - pentakill - king/queen - prom, etc..)

PurchaseWatson

08-05-2011

Currently the only thing I do to bring lore into the game is make vague political announcements upon victory. I mean, the battles are all to resolve political disputes right?

Examples:

-Victory-
"Finally! A 3% reduction on trade tariffs for products leaving Ionia!"

-Victory-
"Success! Noxian war bond forms have finally been changed from red to a slightly darker red!"

and my favorite,
-Victory-
"Yes! We're allowed to have brownies at Demacian PTA meetings!"

TjrPwiX8huo1WwRT

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurchaseWatson View Post
Currently the only thing I do to bring lore into the game is make vague political announcements upon victory. I mean, the battles are all to resolve political disputes right?

Examples:

-Victory-
"Finally! A 3% reduction on trade tariffs for products leaving Ionia!"

-Victory-
"Success! Noxian war bond forms have finally been changed from red to a slightly darker red!"

and my favorite,
-Victory-
"Yes! We're allowed to have brownies at Demacian PTA meetings!"
I believe at some point it was mentioned that the majority of battles are only practice, to train (new) summoners.
Only a minor part of battles do actually resolve political conflicts, and I can hardly imagine that a battle would be fought over the unimportant things you mentioned.

I think lore shouldn't be mixed with balance, but it would be cool to have some visual and / or sound effects.

E.g., when Katarina kills Garen, she automatically laughs or a Demacia-specific taunt is played.
Could also be stuff like the defeated champion swearing revenge or taunting upon Nexus destruction.

Nekhs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazutoMataro View Post
I think this idea shouldnt be applied as a versus buff but more a benefit buff. Rather than garen and katarina getting buffed versus each other, why not introduce teamwork buffs? For example Garen and Lux - if in lane together(or within a certain range),a buff is applief to the two or you can have it so that one characters skill can benefit another certain character. This wud also work well for certained skinned parties (frejlord - pentakill - king/queen - prom, etc..)
Again, a balance thing arises.

What about things like just little fluff things. Like the "Orianna Has The Ball" buff, or "This unit is a flippin' ninja!"?

Like, "Seething Rage": My enemy is near.

Based on proximity or something.

Especially amusing with a Morgana/Kayle lane or something.

MillitaryBeetle

08-05-2011

I think lore and game play should not alter the way each other work, I think lore should complement gameplay in a way that is very satisfying to the player. I agree with the red post, special VO for the characters would always be cool, especially announcer kills.

I think Dota 2 is bringing this in, by having heroes talk to eachother when they meet on the field of battle. I am however concerned with the fact that you can't hear the conversation over a teamfight, so i would propose the lines only be played in lanning phase during the first 20-30 minutes of the game.

I personally would love if some wacky jungling type characters just muttered to themselves while they jungled, just to break up the monotony of it.

BitesizeNinja

08-05-2011

I agree with the majority of this forum; The idea is interesting, I do love the lore behind LoL, but giving champs extra power aginst other chanps would really unbalance the game.

angrymexican

08-06-2011

ok so your saying surtain champions will do more damage against eachother or just 1 deals more damage wdfs the point of this again?'

characters saying things when they beat there rival sounds awesome though or win

angrymexican

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekhs View Post
Again, a balance thing arises.

What about things like just little fluff things. Like the "Orianna Has The Ball" buff, or "This unit is a flippin' ninja!"?

Like, "Seething Rage": My enemy is near.

Based on proximity or something.

Especially amusing with a Morgana/Kayle lane or something.
this unit is a flipping ninja that is a debuff goodsir for everye ninja on a team the ninjas have 1- hp