[IMPORTANT!] Trundle Pillar + Poppy's Charge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorMcPain

08-02-2011

Pillar of Filth: "Trundle creates a plagued beacon at a target location for 6.5 seconds, which becomes impassable terrain and slows all nearby enemy units while they are in the vicinity of it and for 1.25 seconds after they leave the area."

Heroic Charge: "Poppy charges at an enemy and carries them further. The initial impact deals a small amount of magic damage, and if they collide with terrain, her target will take a high amount of magic damage and be stunned for 1.5 seconds."

And still they don't interact. Why?

Can someone please tell me if this is intended or just another Poppy bug, I think this would take quite a bit of skill to pull off regularly and it would be a strong, albeit not abusive tactic.

I guess it's the same with Anivia's wall, right? Did someone already discuss it?

Edit: Also doesn't work with Vayne. This mechanic (or lack thereof) seems to be intentional. Can Riot explain the reason behind this choice? It feels really counter-intuitive to have walls that don't behave as walls, and kinda anti-fun as a consequence... you know what I mean.

SteveOhio

08-02-2011

Its certainly not impassable.

I've had shen's, tryns, etc dash, spin through it to point in racing lol.

DoctorMcPain

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOhio View Post
Its certainly not impassable.

I've had shen's, tryns, etc dash, spin through it to point in racing lol.
You do realize that what you're saying is completely unrelated to how Poppy's E works?

Best Zod NA

08-02-2011

Iirc, charging people into Jarvan's walls doesn't stun them, either.

DoctorMcPain

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post
Iirc, charging people into Jarvan's walls doesn't stun them, either.
Looks like it's a Poppy problem then... Man, will they ever fix her charge?

Edit: Not a Poppy problem. The same happens with Vayne.

DoctorMcPain

08-02-2011

Update: testing if the same mechanic works with Vayne + Trundle.

Best Zod NA

08-02-2011

Her charge is pretty glitchy, but frankly, it seems to work more in our favour than not. I can't count the number of times I'll charge someone and they'll get stunned randomly anyhow.

SteveOhio

08-02-2011

Im pretty sure the problem doesn't lie in Poppy, but in Trundles/Anavia/Jarvan's spells which temporarly create terrain. They are most likely coded as something different than your traditional walls/terrain are.

The problem is in the temporary terrain, not the abilities that trigger on hit with them.

And yes, saying IMPASSABLE terrain, means, you shouldn't be able to dash/spin/etc through it.

DoctorMcPain

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOhio View Post
Im pretty sure the problem doesn't lie in Poppy, but in Trundles/Anavia/Jarvan's spells which temporarly create terrain. They are most likely coded as something different than your traditional walls/terrain are.

The problem is in the temporary terrain, not the abilities that trigger on hit with them.
Yeah. I just tested Vayne, and she doesn't work either. I think it's very disappointing to have "impassable walls" that are non-interactive. Riot should really fix this.

Quote:
And yes, saying IMPASSABLE terrain, means, you shouldn't be able to dash/spin/etc through it.
Impassable terrain means you can't walk through it, like pretty much any wall in the game. The dash/spin skills aren't the problem here, as Poppy can stun you against walls that can be jumped over.

NoX Zenilant

08-02-2011

I'm pretty sure I've heard reds say that collision with terrain only works with map terrain; not player-generated terrain. So Poppy's charge won't work with Anivia's wall or Jarvan's ult. That's just the way things are.