Fear rework.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So1avu

08-01-2011

In just doing a bit of calculations out there but imo there needs to be a change to the duration of fear that champions undergo. Fear puts the character out of position for the same time as a stun )or maybe even longer), however changes the position of the character in a way that he/she is more vunerable to moving in the wrong direction.... Can i get any other opinions from the lol comunity out there on this matter?

JewelsBOT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

They'll probably tell you that fear is soft cc compared to a stun b/c ur "harder to hit b/c ur moving" or you "might walk away instead of towards".

Bottom line for me is that fear is a long duration I do nothing for several seconds and die/or extremely tanky (unless my team is fed/counter attacks their carries well).

Meleney

08-01-2011

Fears vs stuns? Well less character's have fears. There are fears and stuns that last equal durations, probably snares too. So a fear is just as likely to lock you up for the same duration as a stun.

But when you're stunned you're immobile. When you're feared you run away from your opponents. (Or at least that has been my experience.)

Also, if you have calculation then please share them.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

I think if you get feared you always run away from the target..it makes sense, think about it in real life, if somethings scares the **** out of you, you're not going to run into it, you're going to run away. its kind of annoying to get feared near an enemy turret and run into the turret...

Pilige

08-01-2011

The only fear i have a problem with is fiddles. Its the longest CC in the game. Shaco's and Noc's fears are very short, Fiddles is for 3 seconds.

LSOreli

08-01-2011

My biggest problem with fear is consistency. Sometimes you walk away, sometimes towards, sometimes you wander around.

I've had plenty of times playing fiddle where the person survived because they were running and i got into range to fear them, then they just kept running to the turret. fear needs to cause the same effect every time whether its away, towards, or wandering back and forth in an area.

kavinh the third

08-01-2011

usually champs with long fear have to rely on it as their only cc or to pull off their kit.

Absent Reality

08-01-2011

I always thought the fear mechanic was ******ed the way it works. A lot of the time I find myself walking towards the Fiddle or whoever it may be, what the ****? "Oh **** I'm terrified of that guy, I'm gonna walk towards him!" Seriously?