New 2 Malph

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dillonrea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

im new to malphite whats a good build either tank or dps or anything

Dillonrea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

bump >.<

LairyRover

05-02-2010

From what I understand, Malphite is one of those characters who you build according to the people you are playing against.

xDiamantx

05-02-2010

I've always had trouble for malphite because his skills make it confusing to see what build I want to use with him.

I see a lot of people use a combination of attack and hp

Frozen Mallet
Mercury Treads
Aegis of Legion
Sunfire Cape

A tank with some damage output and pushing ability, Malphite isn't good enoguh to be a full tank but his skills are good for chasing and does a good amount of damage using active brutal strikes. Malphite is good for chasing since his attack skills slow or stun the opponent.

Edit: Psychotic is correct, because Malphite can be a tank or dps.

ikillutwice

05-02-2010

I am wondering about this too. I have tried going attack speed for his bruttle strikes, it makes farming so easy. But I really don't know how to play him very well.

bluefall

05-03-2010

I've been playing him a lot recently. I don't have a solid item build yet, but Malp is fairly versatile as far as his builds go. First off, while Malphite has seismic shard and his ult to help chase/gank I don't think it's wise to build him as such. I've had far more luck building him tanky than as a pseudo tank/dps champion.

Personally I like Aegis, Sunfire Cape (sometimes 2), and then the other items depend on the matchup. I grab a force of nature if the majority of the enemy team's damage is from spells, Frozen Heart or Thornmail if they're mostly dps. Force of nature probably isn't the best item for malph but it has increased my survival against caster heavy teams and I don't know the magic resist items that well. I think that's why I like Aegis because it gives you armor and magic resist and a nifty aura for your team. And Thornmail and Frozen Heart's armor increase build up the power of your e skill. Sunfire Capes are nice because they give you hp and armor (strengthening your passive and your e skill) and give you that damage aura.

Malph can farm like a beast since his brutal strikes and e skill do good aoe making him capable of clearing the weak camps or huge minion waves fairly quickly. All of his skills are pretty strong and I often find myself not buying any damage items (although frozen malet would probably be helpful but I tend to nab a lizard buff if I want slowing effects) and rely on the burst damage from my skills and sunfire capes to kill opponents (and my team mates too of course).

But as far as learning how to play Malphite what you really need to do is learn how to use your ultimate. It's one of the best skills in the game. The cooldown is pretty long (another reason why frozen heart is attractive) and it can dramatically turn the tide in your team's favor. A lot of people will tell you to initiate with your ult but sometimes it's better to wait a bit before you pop it. You'll have to use your own judgement for this, but go with your gut because sometimes it's not needed to initiate or will serve your team better if you wait until the fight's raging. But when you do use it try to hit multiple people with it if you can, particulary squishy dps characters and carries. The knock up dissorients people and gives your team time to position themselves and follow through with your attack. And often times the damage that Jax or Ashe could be dishing out to a team mate while they're in the air could be enough to kill someone on your team. Just running up and ulting can work, but you have to remember it places you ahead of your team and while you'll damage and stun the enemies you hit, your team needs to be in range to capitalize on it. Don't be afraid to use it to save team mates. And when fighting against Nunu try to interrupt Yeti's ultimate during team fights with it. It might piss him off, but it'll save your team from a world of pain and once his ult is down other than chucking a snowball at a squishy, Yeti becomes fairly harmless in team fights after you waste his ult.

Thirteenth Owl

05-03-2010

3 tiamats, bloodthirster, warmogs, boots of swiftness is the way to go

OmniOblivion

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillonrea View Post
im new to malphite whats a good build either tank or dps or anything
HP/Tank.

-Chalice
-Ninja Tabi
-Heart of Gold > Omen
-Heart of Gold
-HoG
-HoG

Yes; replace HoG's with better items when you get the chance.