Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gragas Discussion!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orya

05-02-2010

Reasons whys I like AD Gragas more:
- seems stronger in longer games than AP, since I never had the feeling of doing substantial amount of damage with barrels on 18 as AP Gragas
- I consider the ult as a utility spell, more useful for the knockback than the damage. The slam benefits from AD, and the rage helps with AD too. So the only thing I miss as AD Gragas are the barrels, which I get last anyway
- in the low elo games I play, the slam is often understimated, since people only see it beeing used vs several smaller minions most of the time. Once you got some equipment though, if you hit a single player, it deals very nice damage

The only downside I see of AD Gragas is, that you can't harass that well early on.

Now I'm pretty new to the game myself, but as spells I use Ignite and Cleanse or Ignite and Flash. And as items I normally get a brutalizer first, then boots and then tooth. If I take lots of damage I then get trifoce next, otherwise something like IE.

Seems to work ok for me. As runes I simply take those I have, since I don't really got any choice anyway on lvl 24. :P

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foijerqerfgoerk

05-02-2010

Hybrid for me. Gragas's base damage is already pretty high, you mainly just need attack speed.

Nashors - Merc Treads - Guinsoos then whatever. Banshee's if you need durability, sheen -> triforce is good for damage, Rylais if you want to go AP for some reason.

Cheers