Zhonyas Ring - Pointless clicky unless..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrLucid72

05-02-2010

Short request:
Make Zhonyas ring available to be activated while you are stunned, like Flash.

Details:

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use this while you are stunned, like Flash.

This item is pointless if you can't use it when stunned.. that's the only time casters truly need it! Let them waste some abilities and cool down!

Example: Vs annie.. If you time it when you get stunned, you can at least avoid her AE and final firebolt. You are initially and instantly stunned regardless and will take massive hp loss at the beginning, if not death, but if you time it perfectly you can have an extra chance to live. The way it is now, you are pure death to her combo as you are normally stunned the entire duration.

Doing this would not make it cheap. It's already an expensive item. If you have the reaction to save 2 seconds, which may simply be delaying an inevitable death, but may save your life if it's timed correctly.

I feel as if this would not impact the game, but make this item have a better use than just to turn gold at your nexus when you /surrender to look cool.

Sphinx001

05-02-2010

You cant use flash when stunned or silenced afaik. Same with zhonyas, cant use it when silenced or stunned. Kinda lame, should be able to use. I agree, casters need this.

MrLucid72

05-02-2010

Are you sure about Flash? I'm pretty confident I've used flash many times when stunned. Or maybe if you use it as soon as you are stunned, it gives you a quarter of a second to use flash or something. I'm not sure. I feel like flash is more lenient from my experience - I could be wrong

Carados

05-02-2010

You seriously see no use to make yourself invulnerable for a few seconds?

blendmaster

05-02-2010

It seems like having Zhonya's ring castable through stuns would be encroaching on Guardian Angel's function. Zhonya's active function serves as an anti-focus protection, in teamfights specifically. It's untargetable state serves not as a skillshot dodge, but 2 seconds for the rest of your team to focus down the enemy who wasted CC on a caster. Or if you're playing Heim, you use it 20HP from death as your beautiful turrets focus down that greedy ******* who dared oppose you. Zhyonas Ring is less a nuke protection, which GA serves nicely, and more a battle math DPS protection, for that Yi who is sure he can finish you off before your team murders him.

In other words, if you have to use Zhonya's to survive through a stun, you're dead anyway. The item itself is practically an activatable 2 second self stun. I've been guilty of this, where I use Zhonyas when I should have just ran for two more seconds. :/

When you say usable through stuns like Flash, I think you mean usable while rooted, which is a different effect. Or perhaps you mean flashing before the stun hits your champion, which in case the stunning projectile (Sion's glare, Taric's lazor) will just travel a bit farther.

Just like any Trynd knows, the best defence against a CC aware team is to run cleanse/quicksilver sash. Zhonyas is best looked at like it's old implementation: massive AP gain for casters. The new active makes it more useful for endgame teamfights, when the other team wises up and decides to focus the Karthus with 600 AP first.

Kriptini

05-02-2010

Zhonya's activatable is strictly for teamfights.

When you're in a huge crowd and getting focused, pop that little baby. The enemy team will be WTFDAAAAAAAAH and the chaos will cause them to flee if they don't get burned down by your team.

MrLucid72

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
You seriously see no use to make yourself invulnerable for a few seconds?
If you are using it as a caster, such as Ryze, no - only time i ever find a time to use it is when stunned.

" which in case the stunning projectile (Sion's glare, Taric's lazor) will just travel a bit farther."

Flash cancels out all projectiles heading towards you

Kriptini

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linidar View Post
So does Zhonya's. Just click it before the projectiles hit...

blendmaster

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linidar View Post
Really? I've definitely seen people flash after Sion's animation, but before the projectile hits them. I've also seen it happen with Pantheon's spear shot, resulting in some disgusting looking kills (Pantheon threw a spear just as Trynd spins away. His ult stopping RIGHT before the spear hit him, at 1000 range. It brought tears to my eyes.)

I've even seen it happen with recall or teleport, where the person finishes changing position just before the stun hits, which results in Sion's stun beam traveling for a good 20 seconds before stunning the person back in the base somewhere.

Now, this could all be happening because of my specific network latency. A developer would have to confirm how Flash/Flash abilities work against targeted projectiles.

As far as Zhonya's goes, I still feel it is less CC control(covered by Veil/cleanse) and more of an anti-DPS/Battle Math item.

Naramiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-02-2010

Flash definitely negates Taric's stun mid-air. It often makes me cry.