Tryndamere OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaPhilosopher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

I'm not going into a huge paragraph about why he's op but here are some of my points:

-he forces tanks to get armor or die and one mage will make tanks useless because of this
-flash and spinning slash after undying rage make him impossible to catch for almost every character in the game
-undying rage means committing to focus him (as he is often the highest damage dealer) is nothing but a waste of your stuns
-endgame he seems nearly inpossible to stop, as he instant kills all of your towers then dashes away safely after undying rage
-bloodlust makes him one of the highest damage dealers in game
-people claim that he isn't OP because it takes a skilled player to be that good but there are no other heroes that can win the entire game alone just because you are good (that includes yi as he can at least be killed)

please comment if anyone has ways to deal with some of these problems that don't require your team to get the perfect storm of events

Mephew

08-01-2011

Alright, no.
1. "he forces tanks to get armor or die and one mage will make tanks useless because of this" -what? tanks get defenses and protect the mage
2. "flash and spinning slash after undying rage make him impossible to catch for almost every character in the game" -with both, maybe. Spinning slash doesn't have an extreme range. But a well timed stun will end him
3. "undying rage means committing to focus him (as he is often the highest damage dealer) is nothing but a waste of your stuns" -save stuns/fears/blinds and exhausts for when he goes into undying rage, but no point in attacking him
4."endgame he seems nearly inpossible to stop, as he instant kills all of your towers then dashes away safely after undying rage" -don't **** around with an enemy tryndamere. End the game quickly.
5. "bloodlust makes him one of the highest damage dealers in game" -no comment on ignorance
6. "people claim that he isn't OP because it takes a skilled player to be that good but there are no other heroes that can win the entire game alone just because you are good (that includes yi as he can at least be killed) -horrible logic. Prevent him from farm as best you can. Always save a stun for tryndamere in a teamfight. Don't focus him first.

Play more game against him, and figure out patterns

Lethal Loki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

umm, vayne and cait would like some words with you?

Way easier to deal with melee broski.

A Tryhardosaurus

08-01-2011

I probably would have said the same thing as Mep xD. Somewhere along his lines.

OmegaPhilosopher

08-01-2011

For the record i asked for advice not someone trying to prove every point wrong, they are vague points im just seeing if people can help with trynd being a problem, saying "Don't let it get to end game" is kinda a stupid point

OmegaPhilosopher

08-01-2011

last is in response to mep

OmegaPhilosopher

08-01-2011

I guess one of the issues i have is also that playing as a tank you feel useless because he focuses teamates and you can't stop him from owning them, just an extra point

JustMyBassCannon

08-01-2011

1st point: Tanks are supposed to get armor, as Meph said. Armor, MR, HP, Regen, and maybe one or two offensive stats, unless you're playing a tank as a squishy damage output champ instead, and I wish you the best if such is true.
2nd: Note it takes both? Yeah, if a Tryn has flash and spin, he'll be able to escape anything, that's like saying Kassadin, Katarina, Shen, Wukong, ANY OTHER ****ING CHAMP can get out of a mess with flash. Tryn just has a dash skill like about a dozen others. Grab Flash yourself if it's so annoying.
3rd: It's not a waste if you kill him. If it cost every skill you had, and you got executed (or even assist-killed) by the turret, if it's first blood it's worth it. If they're a priority target it's worth it. It's never a waste unless you miss or mistime it.
4th: That's why you make endgame earlier, or pick an equally steamroll-y champ. Jax comes to mind, as my main and all that. Either that or get your team to learn what "focus fire" means.
5th: Hell no, not even CLOSE. It gives 5-20 AD based on his HP at level 1, and 25-60 at max. Master Yi, at level 1, gets a flat 15 AD boost, and a steroid that doubles it, 30. At max it's 35-70, AND if you kill someone during your ultimate with it activated, you get TRIPLE boost (not ****ing joking, 15-45 at level 1, 35-105 at max) for an AD steroid. Tryndamere is more based around crits, that's why his damage output is so high, get thornmail if you can't take it.
6th: Are you talking about the old Tryn or the remade Tryn? Cause the new Tryn takes a hell of a lot more skill than Yi, what with all his cooldowns increased and his heal, AD, and Crit boosters all lowered.

EDIT: Stupid slow fingers, NOW I see the message saying you don't want every point disproved. But you kinda made a list, some people find it easier to point out faults and give advice in a list.

daddyduro69

08-01-2011

Ignite 4 seconds into undying rage and he dies every time =\

Mephew

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xintus View Post
I guess one of the issues i have is also that playing as a tank you feel useless because he focuses teamates and you can't stop him from owning them, just an extra point
What champs do you tank with that can't peel tryndamere off? Tell your team mates to move around if they don't want to get raped. A tank can't do everything (unless your amumu) so have them move around a bit.
Also, me pointing out the flaws in your argument is actually giving you advice