Wukong, the Meta Breaker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

twickykid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

For everyone saying he doesn't have a role, he's underpowered, and every other complaint I have seen of him on here this is for you.

Wukong does something no other champ has allowed us to do in a very long time. For the longest time team composition has been 1 Tank, 1 off tank, 2-3 AP carries, 1 AD carry.

The reason is because armor scales better than MR and armor gear gives HP. Wukong allows you to run AD carries w/o being countered by the current gear in the game.

His skill set is designed to do just that. Get in reduce armor and get out while doing a nice junk of a champ's HP. You put Wukong and Xin or tryn in a lane together and watch them decimate a lane.

Stop trying to fit Wukong into the current meta builds. There is a new meta. Now catch up.

Daikaze

08-01-2011

Did I miss a change in the meta? I haven't had much time for LoL... last I knew it was a bruiser meta... but Wukong + Trynd or Wukong + Xin would lose to something like Ashe (because she's not mid for some reason) or pretty much any ranged champ.

That said, he seems to fit the bruiser meta nicely. I think I need a better explanation as to how he actually breaks the current meta.

Lethal Loki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

Thats nothing new... Urgot, Renekton, and Jarvan all reduce their targets armor by a %
All their debuffs are Aoe, Renektons is a stronger debuff at lvl 5 slice and dice (and longer duration), Urgots can be applied from a distance (and longer duration) and synergizes with his kit extremely well, Jarvans can knock people up.
Monkey kings armor reductions the best at level 1 of the skill, but is single target, requires you to be on top of them, but resets your auto attack timer. So to reiterate... nothin really new.

All the other % armor reductions give some feeling of uniqueness, Urgots allows his missiles to become homing, Renektons gives him mobility, and Jarvans gives him reliable CC and a gap closer. Wukongs just seems to be thrown in there with his other abilities, granted it does synergize with his kit (specially ult, though it wears off before your ult does). I personally think the only change he really needs is for decoy to also be a short range dash (think range of a nidalee pounce) as the stealth is entirely too easy to cancel. Its bad design when 2 of a champions abilities are canceled so easily that someone batting their eyelashes at you disrupts and counters half of your skill set.

KaXaSA

08-01-2011

if I could I would sell him back to the store for half the price.

twickykid

08-01-2011

Ren's armor reduction is only for 4 seconds. Its also on his worse dmg skill and uses his fury to inflict the armor reduction. Don't even try to compare the skills they are worlds apart.

Urgot lacks the durability of wukong.

I've also been running him with taric in my lane with great success. Most of our team comps have been 1 AD carry and wukong. Split the 2 with a tank on wukong. I usually end up with FB or a few kills early game.

Mid game we'll switch lanes. The pressure from both ADs really does wreck the lane. Long as you are smart to ganks coming from mid (and they will be coming).

Tiapoa

08-01-2011

Oh please. Wukong changed the meta... by being pathetic. The new meta is run 4v5 and lose. Awesome!

Alithalor

08-01-2011

Yup, that 30% reduction to BASE Armor is really breaking Tanky DPS. He's pretty bugged right now but once they are fixed he should be a decent Fighter.

ASYLUM101

08-01-2011

Quote:
Urgot lacks the durability of wukong.
Orly?

Urgot has probably one of the longest ranges in the game, with a really powerful slow, shield, and freaking hard hitting Q. I have had no problems with Urgot's durability. Urgot is a tanky dps, early game he is a ranged dps/nuker but he kinda needs to shift into a tankier build end game or else he's doomed.

Fluffy1

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by twickykid View Post
The reason is because armor scales better than MR and armor gear gives HP. Wukong allows you to run AD carries w/o being countered by the current gear in the game.
you serious? armour doesnt scale better than MR, physical dps heroes are only slowed down by armour as they attack every .5-1 second with good damage. MR on the otherhand can completely deflect a mages burst giving you ample time to lifesteal/heal up as they can do anything for 5-10 seconds.

MR will always be superior due to item selection aswell, adps has a plethora of items that change his damage type while mages only have lichbane which they much get too close to use, and their only counter to high hp does mgaic damage so is easily ignored.

untill Mpen items can realistically counter MR Armour will always be less effective vs its intended target than MR

Amorgan310

08-01-2011

Wukong would be great if his abilites worked as they are writ.

ATM Wukong is just flat out terrible

Q: Reduces a max of 18 armor at any level... Really?
YES.

W: Nice there is an incoming projectile, so I use my escape and... Still get hit, but I'm invis, so that isn't bad... Wait they ignored the copy, so now I'm still dead :P

E: Fine skill, yet no bonus from hitting a single target just makes it a tad worse. One more option would be to have better AD scaling or even let him target allies when invisible.

R: Make it WORK.

Passive: Meh

This hero ATM has no place in a team because the attack timer reset is BS on his Q.

I have seen my wukong on maxed armor only hit for 238 Crits on an enemy Ashe... 238!?!?!? IDK how the FUDGE that happens but it did (Berserkers-Infinity-Starks-Black Cleaver-Randaquins-Trinity)

ATM Wukong is broken and needs a FIX to work. That is just about it.