Improve Caitlyn's Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Some 101 View Post
If you think about it. Her ult has quite a bit of range, and is not to be used mid fight...it is to finish off oppenents that are running away. It is your job to set up the shot. It's not supposed to be easy, and from what it sounds like, you just want it to be an insta-kill as soon as it locks on, which is exactly the reason that Riot made it blockable. Can you imagine being able to kill anyone you wanted just by locking on. It would be dreadfully OP.

As for going through opponents, what if more than one person would have blocked the ult, does it deal damage to all of them, if so then it is just a more powerful version of her Q.

On top of this, IMO she is one of the best harassers in game due to her range, which I believe is second to a Trist a lvl 18. Still, stack that with proper use of her passive means you should either have the other team completely zoned, and your farm should be quite high.

IMO the key to her ult is the timing, and setup. Don't fire it if you know it will be blocked...easy as that. Make sure they can't see where the shot is coming from if you can. Her ult is better use as a pick off ability, than a I'm going to shoot this in a team fight. That's not what it was intended to do so don't talk like it should be.

My overall advice is that if you are having trouble with Caitlyn then you need to evaluate how you play her. Lane phase is really about zoning and farming. It's quite easy to harass the other team. From there it is setting yourself up for the oppurtunity to utilize your ult properly. Gank mid, if you've gone back and your lane is ok, go gank a lane with an enemy champ at low health. Utilize your ult to pick people off when they least expect it. Also, wards are your friends since they give you more sight to be able to land it when you want to.

Hope this helps.
This is just like saying Karthus's ult is OP instead of hitting the target, it hits every champion in the map even when hes at his base sitting. Not to mention that his AP will add his ult to more than 1,000 damage to every champion.

Mezz

Master Recruiter

08-01-2011

To be honest, Caitlyn's ult is pretty useful to me, if you're going pure dps it does wonders in a 1v1 fight. If your enemy is pretty low health and trying to run, all you have to do is pop R, it has INSANE range.

But it team fights, its practically useless as an enemy tank will probably go and walk infront of it.

Riot needs to change the ult to make it viable in team fights somehow...

Lúst

08-02-2011

They need to reduce the channel by 1 second and increase the AD rations to 2.5. It would be good after that.

The Awesome Twin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

If her ulti was made to always hit it would need to be seriously scaled down, a bit of armour pen and AD and that thing can hit for half a champions health, that's pretty much a piltover peacemaker, two auto attacks, fire the ulti, and if they aren't either a good tank, have banshees or a teamate to block, it's all over in 4 hits.

If you're really unlucky like me though, you get put on a team where you're low health at the back of your team, she targets you... they all scramble out of the way with full health, the excuse? They didn't want to have to go heal... so they killed me instead. Worthy of a face palm.

Anyway, point its, if they made her ulti always hit they would need to scale down the damage, I mean you have to remember it scales with AD, with Karthus he can do just as much damage to everyone, but his auto attacks don't crit 500s

Oranue

08-02-2011

If riot does decide to change it her ulti has to stay blockable... as a tank i like leaping in front of the bullet like a secret service agent yelling Mr President! to save my carry a bit too much

illuminite

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangingCrapUp View Post
This is just like saying Karthus's ult is OP instead of hitting the target, it hits every champion in the map even when hes at his base sitting. Not to mention that his AP will add his ult to more than 1,000 damage to every champion.
I agree. I've seen karthus ult take out half of GP's health at the base. I don't understand how karthus goes under the radar.

Cait's ult should have:

Lower cooldown, more damage.
This is considering her ult can be blocked by another champion.
When you have champions like lux who can just aim and hit 5 champions when she's rocking 800+ap or ezreal who can just shoot a global snipe across the map, I don't think its too unfair. I forgot to mention ashe can do that too, but I've never seen an ashe be able to snipe someone at low health.

lukelcf

08-02-2011

I think after clicking the victim, the ulti should go off faster than it does now. IMO

To make it more strategic than sitting there thinking, "oh, Cait ulti...do I have enough hp? hmm...I guess I do...-stands in front of ulti-"

That will have the team mates have to react faster to whether or not they are going to block the ulti.

Flash224

05-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izeo View Post
I saw a red talking a while back about the idea that if someone blocks it, it still hits the main target but the damage is reduced by 50%. Was just an idea they were passing around but wouldn't necessarily go into effect. I would personally love to see it go into effect, especially considering how cait puts herself in harms way to hit that ult (just like karthus, they stand still to do it) -- silly to say that not only can people take advantage of her standing still but ALSO make it so she stood still for nothing (without hard cc interruption).
Precisely...U R RIGHT!!

DarksideEric

05-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash224 View Post
Precisely...U R RIGHT!!
You must have played a giant amount of Diablo II to become such a powerful Necromancer o.O