Improve Caitlyn's Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

It gets pretty annoying when a champion is at low health and you use your ult to finish him off but their teammate blocks your bullet. It's pretty much a waste of an ultimate. If you can maybe you can make her Ult penetrate through champions reducing the impact on the actual target?
I dont think this is that op compared to katarina's ult and karthus ult. I believe just hitting people physically out damage the ult anyway and I thought ult means ultimate. Ultimate = good damage and attack. So Adding this would still be balanced in my opinion. People told me that Caitlyn got nerfed and I don't see how the original Caitlyn was OP. There's way more champions that are op and buffing Caitlyn would make her just about even with everyone else. I also take positioning and time to damage and hit other champions unlike other champs where they attack and lock you down almost instantly.

Argotto

08-01-2011

I kind of like your suggestion, but I feel a more reasonable suggestion would be to double the damage on the ult IF someone blocks it. So at least the person who decided to block it would actually be putting their own well being at risk.

xRiney

08-01-2011

Caitlyns ult needs a number of changes, one being a fix to the bug where everyone around hears it go off, you KNOW you targeted it, but it doesnt go off

But her ultimate is one of the most useless features about her, unless youre fed off your ass

GGGGGGGGGGGGGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
I kind of like your suggestion, but I feel a more reasonable suggestion would be to double the damage on the ult IF someone blocks it. So at least the person who decided to block it would actually be putting their own well being at risk.
Completely Agree!

Disagreement

08-01-2011

i agreed also even though i dont use cait =o

JonTehKnight

08-01-2011

I'd much rather if it get's blocked it goes on half cooldown or so. I like the fact you get punished for not judging the ult properly (whether you can hit or not).

Izeo

08-01-2011

I saw a red talking a while back about the idea that if someone blocks it, it still hits the main target but the damage is reduced by 50%. Was just an idea they were passing around but wouldn't necessarily go into effect. I would personally love to see it go into effect, especially considering how cait puts herself in harms way to hit that ult (just like karthus, they stand still to do it) -- silly to say that not only can people take advantage of her standing still but ALSO make it so she stood still for nothing (without hard cc interruption).

GGGGGGGGGGGGGG

08-01-2011

^ thank you for that post.

NatureCreature

08-01-2011

I find her ult's useful early/mid game. Once you get to all out team fights it's pretty well useless because you can never hit the target you want. Since Cait was initially set up to put on a lot of pressure early game but tail off late game, perhaps it's specifically been designed that way.

Get Some 101

08-01-2011

If you think about it. Her ult has quite a bit of range, and is not to be used mid fight...it is to finish off oppenents that are running away. It is your job to set up the shot. It's not supposed to be easy, and from what it sounds like, you just want it to be an insta-kill as soon as it locks on, which is exactly the reason that Riot made it blockable. Can you imagine being able to kill anyone you wanted just by locking on. It would be dreadfully OP.

As for going through opponents, what if more than one person would have blocked the ult, does it deal damage to all of them, if so then it is just a more powerful version of her Q.

On top of this, IMO she is one of the best harassers in game due to her range, which I believe is second to a Trist a lvl 18. Still, stack that with proper use of her passive means you should either have the other team completely zoned, and your farm should be quite high.

IMO the key to her ult is the timing, and setup. Don't fire it if you know it will be blocked...easy as that. Make sure they can't see where the shot is coming from if you can. Her ult is better use as a pick off ability, than a I'm going to shoot this in a team fight. That's not what it was intended to do so don't talk like it should be.

My overall advice is that if you are having trouble with Caitlyn then you need to evaluate how you play her. Lane phase is really about zoning and farming. It's quite easy to harass the other team. From there it is setting yourself up for the oppurtunity to utilize your ult properly. Gank mid, if you've gone back and your lane is ok, go gank a lane with an enemy champ at low health. Utilize your ult to pick people off when they least expect it. Also, wards are your friends since they give you more sight to be able to land it when you want to.

Hope this helps.