(OPEN RP) The Next War!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ovalusc1

08-10-2011

((Smiley still hasn't posted. Good morning by the way.))
Melzemar woke up the next morning in a dazed state. Then, he felt an odd crackle of energy in the air around him. "No..." Melzermar thought, "This is impossible."

The young guard was new, but they had given him the task of guarding this strange man in the hospital bed. They had found him wearing nothing but the clothes he was currently in, a staff with an odd golden triangle on it, and a cloak with a triangle on it too. No one knew what that meant, but the doctor realized he had been weakened from the usage of magic, so he had someone guard him in case he tried anything. Suddenly, the guard saw an odd crackle of energy around the man as he awoke. "Oh boy..." the guard breathed, nervous.

Melzemar suddenly sat bolt upright, staring directly at the frightened guard. "This is Zaun?" He asked.

"Y-yes." The guard replied in a quavering voice.

"So that's it then." Thought Melzemar, feeling magical energy flowing through him as he had not felt in years. "My body must have absorbed the magical energies of this place, and that lifted the curse."

"Fools. You could have left me be, but instead you bring me here to be experimented on." Melzemar took a step out of bed. The guard was terrified now, they said the man would not recover until tomorrow at the earliest.

"Help!" He yelled at the top of this voice, as he heard the man say an eldritch command.

"To me!" Said Melzemar in the ancient language of the people of the desert. He heard the guard's yell of dispearation and smiled, he must have thought the word was an attacking spell. His staff materialized in his hand, and his robe around his shoulders. "You really shouldn't have shouted." Melzermar said, and the man just stared at him horrified, as Melzemar thrust with the triangular end of the staff right into the man's stomach. The man was instantly vaporized, to the shock of the guards running into the room.

"Know this! You have just cured Melzemar the Trimage of a curse, and he seeks vengeance upon those who seek to imprison him!" There was a burst of energy, as a triangle appeared around the guards who had just entered the room, and they were vaporized as well. "I should get out of here fast. Someone tried to contact me telepathically while I was out. Something about a city under attack..."

He ran through the hospital, as more guards came he used his magic to annihilate them. Then, he saw the Mundos. They were huge, and purple, and they had ginormous cleavers. "Taste this!" He spat, and a barrier encompassed them (there were two) Then the barrier sucked the energy out of them, and they became normal men.

As he ran from the doors of the hospital to the outside, he heard a command, "Fire!" And a hail of arrows came down to meet him. Suddenly, a triangular shield came up, and deflected every arrow.

"He's getting away!" Yelled a voice.

"Let him go, we can't stop him." Said the commander, "All troops, pull back!" as Melzemar finally left the city of Zaun, and vanished in a flash of light.

Ovalusc1

08-10-2011

Ruin. Destruction. Bloodshed...

Noxus.

Melzemar saw how the city had been slaughtered, and all who had not resisted burned in a fire.

"No..." said Melzemar. How could Noxus have done this? Why would they attack a small Demacian city, when the real war was in Kalmanda? He decided to go back to the capitol and talk with the King.

Demacia

"I simply don't understand why Noxus would do this!" said Melzemar.

"Because they are cowardly swine!" said Garen, slamming his fist on the table in anger.

"Calm down Garen." said Jarvan IV, "And I agree, it is odd that they would attack a small city when the main war is in Kalmanda, but the fact remains, who else would have done it?"

"Well, I will search for answers." Said Melzemar, walking from the room.

Ovalusc1

08-10-2011

((I need to go for awhile, sorry if I don't reply))

Delmegar

08-10-2011

((ultra you've come out up with something against every major plot point of mine. at one point almost ending the thread. it isn't unrealistic for a smart soldier to be suspicious about some stranger eavesdropping. He was hired to enlist proven warriors, not villagers. You're just mad that it happened.

Find some other way into my ranks. You know you're going to anyhow.))

"Ilero, it's good to see you again." I said halfheartedly. As pleased as I was with Idaan's judgment in hiring Ilero and his band, I was a little preoccupied. Rumors were starting to fly around about Volgun. And to make matters worse, there were problems within the village and in my soldiers ranks. "Ilerio, you and your men are welcome to stay as long as you like. Our best quarters have been prepared for you. I have a few things to take care of first."

All these men... With the mercenaries here, I barely recognize anyone. **** it! Just as I was going to lose my head, I was approached by a scout I'd sent out earlier.

"Lord Ares, the village of Noxus was raised. We lost two men. On our way back we came across beasts." The scout was breathing heavy, clutching his right arm where a chunk of flesh was missing. "I'm not sure if I'm the last one or not, Lord, but we succeeded."

Finally, good news.

BitesizeNinja

08-10-2011

((No response for me? :O))

Delmegar

08-10-2011

((Sorry bite, I didn't notice that one. Assume Idaan said yes, to your offer. Yours was a little less forward then Ultra's proposal which is why I accepted.

And another reason ultra was refused was that Idaan wanted fighters, not commoners.))

ultradash1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

((um this is a city of mercenaries, not common men and women, they have seen battle multiple times under multiple employers, when i said hire the entire village, i meant all of those mercenaries for hire, not regular commoners, and to address the whole eavesdropping thing, oh yes you should be suspicious of a man who happened to overhear your conversation and provides a good point in a city full of mercenaries who will betray you for some shiny stuff))

Delmegar

08-10-2011

((don't be mad ultra. if you hadn't noticed, I pointed out that there was some turmoil in my ranks which is a clear opening for you to infiltrate yourself and a few extra men for the time being. And the town is small, in Kaladoun territory which Ares is familiar with. As are his men. So they know the local faces and who they wanted on board.))

BitesizeNinja

08-10-2011

The other squad's scout came running over to us with good news, we had won the fight in Noxian town. I was eager to reach the battlefield and start looting the area. Who knows what treasure I could find in there!

I told our squad leader tha I would scout ahead, and I headed off towards the town where the other scout had been. I arrived on a grim scene. Hundreds of corpses littered the ground, and the stench was unbearable. I began picking through the wreckage, taking what I could find that was of value. I enetered a rather large home and started picking through it. I cam across a small box filled with gems and jewelry. My eyes brightened at the sight. I started filling my pockets with the loot, when I came across a rather strange-looking black gem on a chain. There was a symbol etched on the gem that I didn't recognize, and it seemed to give off a faint glow. I finished emptying the box into my pockets and headed out the door, examining the black gem.

I stepped outside and heard a shout. I looked over and saw an entire army of Noxian reinforcements. Seeing the colors I was wearing, the men charged towards me, and I tripped on a body on the ground. I closed my eyes tightly and clenched my hands tightyl, fully expecting to die. The gem in my hand felt hot for a brief moment and suddenly, the roar of soldiers' voices stopped. The soldiers were right on top of me, but they were looking around as though I wasn't there. I looked around curiously, and realized that I couldn't see my legs. The gem! I thought, It must grant the power of invisibility! I put the chain around my neck and slowly snuck away from the soldiers to warn my own team of the oncoming attack.

BitesizeNinja

08-10-2011

((Oh and Del, I'm not in Ares' squad, as he would clearly recognize me from when I was captured, but I'm instead, in a sister squad of men with the same objective.))