New Mordekaiser help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaestel

05-02-2010

Hi !
So i recently buyed Mordekaiser, and i played around 20 games with him 50/50 win loose.
But i have a question i met a mordekaiser using a heavy AD build and completely wrecking my team despite of us dominating in the beginning, and he was not fed, so
I ask u is it possible to have a dps mord ? because people keep telling me i should stick to tanking items : /
any advice ? suggestions ?

Ghorfe

05-02-2010

Mordekaiser gains health (his shield) from doing damage with abilities. Mace of Spades is directly based off of his attack damage. You do the math.

I roll him pretty hybrid. Start with the **** bead of rejuvenation in order to build Visage early, then whatever boots are appropriate, then a frozen mallet, and after that it's typically Attack Damage, Attack Damage, Attack Damage. If I'm the only beefy guy on the team or there are a lot of melee heroes, I'll take sunfire as well for extra survivability.

But a "DPS" Mordekaiser is very viable, just remember that cooldown runes are your friend.

AzrielsFist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

I've played Mord quite a bit, around 130 matches. Am something like 72/44 atm. I've never built an AD Mord though I can give you some ideas. I agree that an item or two for tanking on Mord is useful, but not necessary.

An AD Mord is going to need items like Sheen. When u cast Siphon or Creeping it procs, then use your Mace O Spades and the +80% atk dmg boost will go to ur 3 mace shards as welll. Building Trinity is a good idea, phage and zeal would both be good on him as he needs CC (especially if you don't have something like exhaust).

Ghostblade would also be good on him, Mord's AP ratio is horrible compared to other champs; so I always try to max out CoolDown if I can, it lets me spam all 3 of his abilities (especially with the new Iron Man boost, keeping up Mords shield is easier than ever before). Ghostblade has CD and everything you need for AD Mord.

Far as boots go, some people like Berserks or Swiftness.... personally I believe compared to Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads they are worthless. The other team always has some kind of CC, so I almost always grab Merc. The only time I can see myself taking anything other than Tabi or Merc is if I take Cleanse and the other team is mage/AP heavy.

Nashgor would do well on him, gives you lots of Atk Spd + CD.

You might consider getting something with lifesteal. That way during a fight if they burst down your shield, you can smack them and regain health while ur spamming ur abilities to keep your shield up. Something like Blood Thirster would do the trick, it also give u a boost to ur AD for ur MaceOSpades.

To make your shield last longer you'll want to grab some armor, magic resist, or dodge (i can just imagine a giant Mord on the battlefield dancing around his opponents dodging attacks while pumping his fists into the sky; that would be hilarious). If the enemy team is heavy melee grab something like Randuins Omen or Frozen Heart (yes I know the mana boost is a waste, but the other things it provides are perfect for Mord, especially since he's going to be in the thick of battle mixing it up), both have CD and Armor. Perfect for Mord.
Far as magic resist goes, Force of Nature is good; it gives you MR and always needed movement spd. If you're being focused with CC, I suppose Banshee or QuickSilver are also viable options.
If you took Ninja Tabi due to lack of CC on the enemy team, you might as well grab a Phantom Dancer. Coupled with Dodge Runes Mord would wreck havoc in the midst of the enemy team doing Aoe dmg while sucking back life, while sustaining his shield (if you got something like Frozen or Randuins too you might be able to take on 2 enemy melee champs). Though this build would be pretty unorthodox, it would be funny to c if it actually worked.
Spirit Visage is always great early game as a first item. Not only does it give you heals that you desperately need to use your abilities, but also has synergy with your Ult and lifesteal if you got any.

Anyways, as I said I've never tested AD Mord so this is all just speculation based on my experience playing him.

NotTall

05-02-2010

Ok. This is the magic mord build. i have something liek 290 kill to 40 deaths w about 20 games. start with warmogs and boots of swiftness. get the health pendant then mix lvl 1 boots in with the other stuff for warmogs. once u have warmogs get bloodthirster. the lifesteal plus shield plus high health makes u incredibly hard to kill. then depending on the other team get guinsoos if ur doing well, otherwise mallet is nice if u want to be more of a tank. malady is also good, since its great with bloodthirster. then finish off with more damge, i usually get the axe since its stacks will proc quickly. force of nature and wardens mail are also nice.

JonKenPwn3d

05-02-2010

Sorry is this is repeated, as i didn't bother to read all the information above.
also keep in mind I've only played 10-15 games with mord @ mid-high ELO, I've won the vast majority of them.
i play him as a tank, because, imo, his tanking potential is so much better than his DPS potential.
when even when i build him as a tank i am often targeted first just because of my AoE potential, which is massive btw.
if possible request solo mid and start with a regrowth. level up ur AoE cone thing and ur the AoE armor thing, (creeping death? idk).
spam your cone right, and ur enemy cant touch u, ive faced good sivir's and good ashe's and the cant dmg me at all.
IMPORTANT: prioritize last hits over harassing, but if u can fit them in your AoE cone, do it.
i go back to base whenever and get a second regrowth, or a force of nature if i have the money.
once u buy force of nature on mord you will see how amazing it is. is provides a large MS boost, massive HP regen, and a good amount of magic resist.

next item on the list is boots 3, ive never gotten merc treads, and ive been fine, even with a ton of snares. my mentality on this is, if they know i have merc treads they wont snare / stun me, and if they arent snaring/ stunning me, then they are snaring/stunning my allies, which is not good.

next i get frozen mallet, some people like rylai's better, is a personal prefference, try both. the game is usually over by now, but then i get levithan / thornmail. ONLY BUY THORNMAIL IF U NOTICE THEY TARGET U FIRST IN TEAM FIGHTS. otherwise its usefull next diminishes significantly.

Honorable mentions:

- Icy thing(idk the name) gives armor and CD reduc as well as a -AS aura. this istem is very powerful and often underestimated, though u cant use the mana, this item is still a great choice

- Rylai's/frozen mallet: whichever you didnt get before. the HP on these items are great, even though, the slow diminishes after you get your first item.

NOW. this build doesn't seem promising, i realize that, but before you throw this out, i recommend trying it. it works for me, and far better than DPS mord does.

Daikaze

05-02-2010

Don't build AD...

Here's my build:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Morde...bab8f07e8f6875

Rylai's or Aegis could easily be replaced with Force of Nature (or more Sunfire capes) as your team will likely have plenty of crowd control.

As far as skills go, focus on Siphon and Creeping Death... You really only need one level of your Mace.