Need a Zilean TT Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

I've tried searching around for a decent Zilean TT guide and haven't had much success in finding one.

If anyone could direct me to one or list a good build I would greatly appreciate it

Blue5ive

05-02-2010

I could use a basic zilean build at all, I want to try to get good with him as a back up.

Rauros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

/bump

For as powerful as everyone says he is on TT, it's strange that no one seems to know the best way to build him for it.

CMacNasty

05-02-2010

Since you will almost always be against 1 or more meaty heroes that own on TT (Shen, Gragas, Mundo, etc...), I have started by going for a fast deathfires grasp.

I start with doran's ring for laning, and then I will end up getting lucky pick after that (which is nice, because there is less of a laning phase in TT so the gp/5 is nice). Then, I snag a codex and grab deathfire, which helps out a bunch for team fights. You should have some pretty insane damage output if you have not been dying and are at the same levels as the other team. After deathfire, it depends on what they are building. If they are getting a lot of MR, I would go void staff. Otherwise, I might rush Zhonya. i've even played around with grabbing a haunting guise.

My 2 cents.

Excession

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMacNasty View Post
Since you will almost always be against 1 or more meaty heroes that own on TT (Shen, Gragas, Mundo, etc...), I have started by going for a fast deathfires grasp.

I start with doran's ring for laning, and then I will end up getting lucky pick after that (which is nice, because there is less of a laning phase in TT so the gp/5 is nice). Then, I snag a codex and grab deathfire, which helps out a bunch for team fights. You should have some pretty insane damage output if you have not been dying and are at the same levels as the other team. After deathfire, it depends on what they are building. If they are getting a lot of MR, I would go void staff. Otherwise, I might rush Zhonya. i've even played around with grabbing a haunting guise.

My 2 cents.
This. DFG is esseial for any caster on TT imo. However I don't recommend rushing mass AP. Your going to want max CDR for your ult because teamfights are fast and frequent. I'd grab a frozen heart because of all the shens and mundos. Then get AP.

Also, are you cFangNasty's smurf? o.O

Lucchinii

05-02-2010

Start item: Meki Pendant and hp potz.
start building your DG, kage pick preferred first.

and... that's it.

DG is all Zil needs. The rest is.. kind of easy to figure out.

Eppa

05-02-2010

I build Dorans ring, Catalyst, 2dorans ring, RoA, DFG.

He needs the hp to take the burst. If Zilean uses his ult on himself he has completely ruined his purpose on the team.

AnyOtherEnemy

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excession View Post
I'd grab a frozen heart because of all the shens and mundos. Then get AP.

Also, are you cFangNasty's smurf? o.O

I do not understand your point. Neither Shen nor Mundo rely on attack speed, and the cleaver does magic damage does it not? Glacial Shroud should be sufficient for CDR if you have the right runes and masteries (approx 20% from those, 20% from GS). Frozen heart seems overkill.

Excession

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by national View Post
I do not understand your point. Neither Shen nor Mundo rely on attack speed, and the cleaver does magic damage does it not? Glacial Shroud should be sufficient for CDR if you have the right runes and masteries (approx 20% from those, 20% from GS). Frozen heart seems overkill.
I meant the armor, the AS reduction is just icing on the cake. Also, I don't have a full page of runes yet and I run a 9/21/0 mastery set for the survivability. Trust me, the armor, MR, 60 hp, and 4% damage reduction have saved my life all too many times, especially since I'm playing a support caster on a map were heavy hitting, tough physicals dominate.

Leirkov

05-02-2010

Rush Rod of Ages + boots.

From there, I go for situations. If they have an annoying tank, Deathfire Grasp + Zhonya's. Otherwise, Rylai's + Zhonya's + Deathfire + Void Staff.