Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1 point on Greed, Meditation, or Increased Buff Duration?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

08-01-2011

Quote:
Pleasantly:
Most AD carries have a setup of 21/0/9. I rather get to level 6 first than get some magic resist/armor since I have a support for a reason.

You'd get to level 6 one creep before the enemy. If you actually take less damage in laning from having armor and MR, meaning you can be in XP range for more creep kills!

The XP mastery is completely overrated and the only time it actually has an impact on the game is jungling.

Pleasantly

08-01-2011

Quote:
Carados:
You'd get to level 6 one creep before the enemy. If you actually take less damage in laning from having armor and MR, meaning you can be in XP range for more creep kills!

The XP mastery is completely overrated and the only time it actually has an impact on the game is jungling.

Really? I have never seen anyone not take it when they have at least 9 points on Utility. 5 % more exp = 1 minion kill..?

Anyway, 10% reduced spawning time can be game changing. I have Magic Resist glyphs (13 MR).

Carados

08-01-2011

Quote:
Pleasantly:
Really? I have never seen anyone not take it when they have at least 9 points on Utility. 5 % more exp = 1 minion kill..?

Bad players overrated the XP mastery badly.

WestminsterNinja

08-01-2011

The only reason to take the XP mastery skill is because Expanded Mind is even worse. Five percent of your base mana is garbage.

tumultuoustempus

08-01-2011

Like you said, either could potentially make a huge difference, but more than likely, neither will matter. I don't think it's possible to say which will occur more often, so just go with personal preference.

Carados

08-01-2011

Quote:
tumultuoustempus:
Like you said, either could potentially make a huge difference, but more than likely, neither will matter. I don't think it's possible to say which will occur more often, so just go with personal preference.

The difference is Strength of Spirt or a point in Nimbleness will make even more difference most likely.

Amatzikahni

08-01-2011

As Carados said, 9 Utility is bad for higher level play. AD Carries are dependent on items where AP carries are dependent on levels (raw damage output vs ability scaling respectively). Therefore, if you're playing the AD Carry, you don't need levels, you need items. Greed equates to approximately one creep kill every 3-4 minutes making it bad overall, but the mana regen and buff duration are both good to get if you're not going 21 Offense. If you are going 21 Offense, then you need to survive longer in order to deal more damage, and Defense masteries would be better. I still see 90% of high level people go 21 Utility on every champ they play :P.

Pleasantly

08-01-2011

Quote:
Amatzikahni:
As Carados said, 9 Utility is bad for higher level play. AD Carries are dependent on items where AP carries are dependent on levels (raw damage output vs ability scaling respectively). Therefore, if you're playing the AD Carry, you don't need levels, you need items. Greed equates to approximately one creep kill every 3-4 minutes making it bad overall, but the mana regen and buff duration are both good to get if you're not going 21 Offense. If you are going 21 Offense, then you need to survive longer in order to deal more damage, and Defense masteries would be better. I still see 90% of high level people go 21 Utility on every champ they play :P.

Thanks for the info, nice to have someone justify Carados's point. I was initially hesitant on a 21/9/0 because I have seen either 0/9/21 or 21/0/9, but this actually seems to make more sense. I'm still not really sure about how useful a 5% increase in exp is because people tell me it is useless, but then other people tell me that Zilean's passive is godly/OP.

Eppa

08-01-2011

Quote:
Amatzikahni:

There are a lot of carries that need the crucial 6 for burst/counter burst. 15% buff duration is not to overlook either. Most carries get it either 2nd down or 3 down.

Quote:
Pleasantly:
Thanks for the info, nice to have someone justify Carados's point. I was initially hesitant on a 21/9/0 because I have seen either 0/9/21 or 21/0/9, but this actually seems to make more sense. I'm still not really sure about how useful a 5% increase in exp is because people tell me it is useless, but then other people tell me that Zilean's passive is godly/OP.

If you go for non utility secondary spec you go something like 24/6/0 or 23/7/0 no reason to get more than that in defensive.

jimit

08-01-2011

Increased buff for sure, the other two don't do much with just a point. Greed barely pulls in any gold, by the way.