Wukong Q + R both broken (bugged)?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stonedsoul

08-01-2011

1) His Q seems to only affect base armor, unlike what the description says. It is suposed to be 30% of all armor. Reducing base armor makes this skill more then lackluster. It doesnt scale with your AD because (i believe) it is meant to scale with your opponent's armor (30% of 300 > 30% of 100), but this bug makes it not scale -at all-. In a game where scaling off your gear is make-or-break, this is unnacceptable.

2) His R is -COMPLETELY- broken! Say Wukong has 300 AD

Description: deals 200+300 (500 total) dmg every second
Reality: deals about 100 dmg every second

No matter how you want to put it, the dmg on his R makes no sens at all. With max rank and over 250 AD it hits MINIONS for about 115 damage. If this isnt bugged, then I havnt passed my high school maths. Its gotten to the point where you LOSE damage using his ultimate!!!

TD;LR: PLEASE fix Wukong. I dont care about the toolkit or lore not being monkey-kingish like most threads on this champ, but at least make the skills he does have work correctly!

Ulquiorra995

08-01-2011

FIXFIXFIXFIX i want dat monkee so bad!

cAZNc54

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

yea i want them to fix him too. the ult really is laughable. i only use it for the knock up and turn it off early to use his other skills.

well if you have any ideas on ways to rework him offer some of them here at this thread. all ideas and suggestions are welcome

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post12295607

ChexGuy331

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

I also think the rank 1 base damage on his R is really stupid.

20 to 110 at rank 2? wut.

DarkOneBR

08-01-2011

His utlimate is not bugged, it deals damage every 0.5 seconds, so it ticks twice in a second to deal the whole damage per second, ALSO it is reduced by armor.
However his Ultimate deals so little damage people swear it's bugged.

Compared to Garen's Judgement (spin):

Level 6:

Judgement (Rank 3): 140 + 1.2 bonus AD
CD: 12 seconds

Cyclone (Rank 1): 20 + 1.0 Full AD (Wukong's base damage is approximately 72 at level 6)
base total = 92 damage per second, 48 less than Judgement
CD: 120 seconds

Level 9:

Judgement (Rank 5): 220 + 1.2 bonus AD
CD: 10 seconds

Cyclone (Rank 1): 20 + 1.0 Full AD (Wukong's base damage is approximately 82 at level 9)
base total = 102 damage per second, 108 less than Judgement
CD: 120 seconds

Level 11:

Cyclone (Rank 2): 110 + 1.0 Full AD (Wukong's base damage is approximately 88 at level 11)
base total = 198 damage per second, 22 less than Judgement
CD: 105 seconds

Level 15:

Cyclone (Rank 2): 110 + 1.0 Full AD (Wukong's base damage is approximately 100 at level 1)
base total = 210 damage per second, 10 less than Judgement
CD: 105 seconds

Level 16:

Cyclone (Rank 3): 200 + 1.0 Full AD (Wukong's base damage is approximately 103 at level 16)
base total = 303 damage per second, 83 more than Judgement
CD: 90 seconds

SO, how else do the skills differ?

Cyclone seems to have a larger AOE, knock up, adds Movespeed and lasts 1 second longer, however:
Cyclone is stopped by stuns or silences and does nothing to slows.

Judgement has a higher bonus damage scaling (1.2), removes slows on cast, isn't canceled by silence or stun, halves any slow duration and is affected by critical strike.

This is why I think Cyclone is a bad ultimate, it's outshone in WAY too many aspects by another character's normal skill.

Sources:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Wukong
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Garen

MusicalSoeki

08-01-2011

Wukong's Ultimate is working as intended. When you see the damage, it displays damage every tic of the spell. Mind you, every time the spell goes off for damage, each tic is far less than a second so the numbers are smaller.

I know it's working because Ashe at full build with over 2K health died after one ult during a game where I had 500dmg a second with it. :P

Sonatria

08-01-2011

Looked at the wiki for Wukong and for Garren. The math is correct and Wukong's ult at first glance looks really weak compared to another champions basic skill. But, even though early game Garren's scaling is better//does more dmg, people need to keep in mind that in the long run getting extra dmg based off of total dmg will=getting more dmg than if it is only based off of added dmg.

For example: At lvl 18 Wukong's ultimate is automatically getting 111.6 extra dmg per second because of his base atk dmg.
So if at lvl 18 both Wukong and Garren have +80 extra atk dmg.

Wukong's rank 3 Ult will do: 4(200+111.6+80)=1566.4 dmg
Garen's rank 5 Judgement will do: 3(220+96)=948 damage
Wukong will be doing 618.4 dmg more, which is equivalent to 65% of the total dmg Garren does with Judgement.

So while Wukong's Ultimate may feel weaker early game, because of the scaling late game, with the same amount of extra atk dmg, Wukong's dmg will always be more as it is stronger to take from total atk dmg rather than only the extra.

However, just as the OP said, it's unfortunate that even a character such as Garen who is supposed to have a strong early game, would have a skill that is significantly better than another champions Ultimate until it gets to late game...

Igerree

08-01-2011

is anyone else experience the bug where he just stands there for a second or two after "E"ing something you're right next to? happens to me while killing jungle creeps and when Nimbusing to something im already almost on top of he bugs for a few seconds and doesnt move/attack