Tryndamere is balanced now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asphyxiophiliac

08-01-2011

I'll start with saying I'm sorry for the bad spelling and horrible grammar.

Well since his change I've read allot of forums played allot of games and watched allot of other players around him and playing him, about 80 hours this week (yay summer) of research and development.

First his early game. He has a much smoother time lvl 1-6 no matter how you build him. he can farm or push or both build his cirts and harass. its not that bad or good its balanced.
if you have well coordinate team effort you'll get kills easily if you don't you can't just tower dive and kill any more. sounds balanced to me

In the jungle its much smoother and less COME ON CRIT COME ON CIRT. makes it nicer for ganking and timing out team work.

Mid game.
Now this is based on your build and I've tried everything but tanking with him at this point.

Hybrid he is viable useful and great for team fights and assassinations but not the carry. as well is balanced through out the game so you dont need to just sit and farm or hope for kills to get to late game.

AD well if your gona build him hard AD like he used to have you gota keep in mind its all expensive so yeah its late game to get great but now you can farm and keep high HP while doing it keeping you safer and more useful for team events win the time calls for it

AP this is is actually a buffed area. only because of number but still technical is technical
his heal is is 1 to 1.5 so for 10 ap you heal for 15 bonus health at 100 you get 150 ext. his spin get a 1 to 1 +ad damage. so with low ish health he hits hard spinds harder heal nice and if you get CDR (cool down reduction) he heals and spins offtin. with the furry bar he doesn't need to have many cirt items because he build crit him self.

So many ways to build and play him and not one is more power full than the other, or under powered. its all situational and how well you do varies on your skill to their skill ratio. some times they know how to CC you when your ulting and get you when you get out and some times they don't and you send them back spawning.

Now for his late game were it matters.

In high ELO games he is "nerfed" right? well no not really hes just not the carry anymore more of an assassin in High ELO every one knows how he works and how to counter him.
so with a proper team against you as tryndamere your gona have to work hard and play skillfully to get anywere you cant just charge in romp around ult up kill get out you gotta time it you gota watch and have a well synergised team [I think I made that word up]. so yea in high ELO hes not the power house carry he once was but hes till usfull and viable i mean come on 5 seconds of not death with that alone you can get them to waste alot on you and your team can then do their job and gets some kills. any way High elo weaker but not useless.

in low to moderate ELO its a **** shoot. If you get a good team on your side you get fed with them and because of them you seem OP because the opposition doesn't know to, or how to stop it and you walk on them. and other times your on the underside of this coin and you don't get fed and they do know to counter and CC you into the ground. then he feels and seem useless because your not getting the kill you normally got because your team isn't behind you tanking advantage of the fact that they need to burn alot of their utility and spells/skills on you for at least 5 seconds.

So all of this point to the fact that hes balanced now he has is strengths and weaknesses. in late game he needs a good team and in early game he cant just be pushed to the side till he gets his ult.

So to every one who gets walked on while him. watched what happened why did you die what did or didn't happen were you to cocky? or was your team to passive? did you get CCed and had every one pop their spells on you and nothing good came out? watch learn adapt. if you have a passive team try to assassinate or simply farm till late game where you can still command a terrifying presence but not completely overwhelming if they adapt as well.

and to every one that gets walked on by him well what happened? did you think you had the edge when he had his ult in waiting? did he dive you at the tower when you had no HP and he had a teammate to help? could you have kited better or been more aggressive with harassment before he dove at you. did you time your CC's or Ignite wrong? Is your team spending too much on trying to control him and not enough taking out his teammates as well. remember sometimes its better to give them the 150 for the tower then 450 for both you and the tower. tryndamere is a pro tower diver understand that and don't get in the position to be dove at.

simply put hes now situationally OP and situationally a nerf stick. and it all varies on your skill to their skill and how well your team is verses their team and champion dynamics. all in all

Balanced

Thank you for reading.

The Asphyxiophiliac

khmergod

08-01-2011

Too long, did not listen.

Pixilz

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmergod View Post
You posted on a thread meant for you to comment on his comment. Great job!

I think he still has a bit too much damage early game, but right now he is indeed a lot closer to balanced than he was.

A Tryhardosaurus

08-01-2011

I do agree, he's more "normal" now, meaning he's able to adapt now through his builds. I guess the nerf on Q was for the better as it gets rid of the early tower diving.

Lethal Loki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

I agree aswell but the flood of Tryndamere players who are upset about the changes are probably going to come in here and downvote you, me, and Kayle/Ryze at the top. To those people, Whether he was viable in high elo or not... his damage was much higher than any other melee dps. Riot rounded him out as a champion making him more consistent, less damaging, and giving him the ability to jungle (which was really rough before and pretty much required runes or help from your team. All in all im sad he lost his supremacy for solo queue king (yes I feel these changes have done that to him at least to some extent) but I do like the changes and new direction of the champion.

Tidy Cat

08-01-2011

His early game is slightly more stable, late game he can still kill a tank in three or four hits. So I guess it depends on what you mean by balanced. I'm pretty sure Tryndamere will always just be an awkward champion. I wouldn't even say he's too strong, just that his ability set and mechanics clash too much with all the other champions. He will always be anti-fun. It doesn't matter if Tryn is on my team or the enemies, he's simply poorly designed from the ground up. He's from a different era in LoL's development and if I had my way he'd be culled out of the line up.

A Tryhardosaurus

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidy Cat View Post
His early game is slightly more stable, late game he can still kill a tank in three or four hits. So I guess it depends on what you mean by balanced. I'm pretty sure Tryndamere will always just be an awkward champion. I wouldn't even say he's too strong, just that his ability set and mechanics clash too much with all the other champions. He will always be anti-fun. It doesn't matter if Tryn is on my team or the enemies, he's simply poorly designed from the ground up. He's from a different era in LoL's development and if I had my way he'd be culled out of the line up.
Well he is Tryndamere and he just happens to excel at dishing out the most damage while being super squishy.

Asphyxiophiliac

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmergod View Post
If you can't read why bother being on a forum? Also its people like this that riot made the tribunal.

Summoners code people only constructive criticism. If shiny bits keep you from reading a few small paragraphs that's fine go play have fun and do what ever. Just stay out of conversations people are trying learn something and better them selves.

FABIOForever

08-01-2011

Really? I thought the changes were a flat out buff. He's still just as unstoppable as a farmed late game champ, but now he has a much easier time of surviving early game.

He's unbalanced right now in my opinion. Before, you were banking on one of the weakest early games in order to become THE most unstoppable character late game. Now he has a decent early game with the same unstoppable late game.

He's just a god in solo queue. Unless your team is set up and coordinated enough to chain stun/exhaust him (and let's face it, "just stun him!" was never a good balance argument), then you have almost no chance of winning team fights.

HotHit

08-01-2011

Unfortunately, I feel Tryndamere isn't as strong as he used to be. More specifically, his jungling feels much weaker. Since Bloodlust increases attack damage based upon health lost rather than fury gained, I need to be close to death to have the AD I used to have. I don't appreciate the crit chance I get from my fury either, this just makes me more reliant on that God **** RNG than I was before. Then there's the fact that Bloodlust's bonus crit damage % is completely missing now.

I feel Trynd should gain his critical rate from health lost and gain damage from fury, like how he used to.