Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

sion-question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orya

05-02-2010

Hi, question about AD-Sion. I checked some guides and many suggested rushing for an IE. But I wondered: since his Enrage gives a flat damage-increase, ain't attack speed much better? I mean, are phantom dancers not a better choice to rush then? Since they give also increased movement speed? Or why is IE better than the phantom thingies?

Awesomedudei

05-02-2010

Because of the extra damage?

Eppa

05-02-2010

His ulti gives AS.

Orya

05-02-2010

Quote:
Eppa:
His ulti gives AS.

Ah right, forgot that. ^^

Admonished

05-02-2010

You want the IE for the damage and the crit% and +crit. Damage first, as a melee champ your bound to be taregeted first off and atk speed benefits you later after your a bit more tanky.

Vienna

05-02-2010

I personally like a fast Recurve Bow on my Sion for AS. His ulti does give AS, but you aren't going to be using it every time you do things like grab Lizard or something.

Yellow Jester

05-02-2010

AS and AD both add to damage in different ways. If you're ever in a situation where you're worried about getting off only 1 attack before dying, you should be running the f*ck away.

if you chose an infinity edge each attack would do 80 extra damage, tangible increase. Also your crits are 25% stronger, another tangible increase.

Phantom Dancer is +45% attack speed, which is, basically, +45% damage. It also means more crits, both from the crit chance and the extra attacks, which means more damage. Less tangible, still good.

If 45% of your AD is >= 80, then PD is a better choice, otherwise, Infinity Edge. That's why I go AS on mundo because his AD is like 200 with Masochism.

Smokin Soldier

05-02-2010

typically for me it goes dorans shield + hppot > boots1 > biggest att dmg I can afford > ziel > boots2 > (last whipser if a tanks giving problems) inf edge> Phantom or Last whisper.

PD is great if some att speed ashe or TF is giving troubles.

if no-one is a big threat and I'm feeling cute I will get a brutalizer.

if you feel like your lacking crit remember green elix are your friend.

Eppa

05-02-2010

Ghost blade is really really good on Sion.

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

05-02-2010

You already have both damage and attackspeed covered, as previously mentioned in this thread. So, the next thing you want to get is crit chance and armorpen. See: Ghostblade + Last Whisper + Atma's (once you have 2500 or so hp from raging at those minions)