1300 ELO Corki looking for help from higher level ELO Corkies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JazzyOJ

08-01-2011

Hi. Corki has been my main for awhile, but since the recent nerf my build seems to be ineffective. Last night I played a few ranked games. In one of said games, I did so poorly that my team thought I was trolling them and flamed me. One of my friends told me that he thinks my build might just be outdated (I used Regi's Build on mobafire http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...is-build-65180 for the majority of my build) Is this build still viable? If not, what do you think would work better? Also, which lane should I be taking? I've found that I can mid pretty well in normal games, but it is much more difficult in ranked. I heard that I should go bottom lane with a support champion, is this true?

P.S Any general advice on Corki from 1300+ ELO Corkies would also be greatly appreciated.

Lizto

08-01-2011

Ummm Im a 1300 player and Corki is my main, Ive played him quite a bit and Ill be honest with you. Corki's nerf wasnt that big, surely youre not as beastly as before, but Corki still has great burst, the reason you may be doing bad is probably your playstyle changing, it might just be that youre not as experienced with your new playstyle and as such make many mistakes because youre still "experimenting".

Either way, Ill mention the Corki build I use, and another build Ive used that works really well.

I personally rush infinity edge, then get a phantom dancer, a banshees veil, a blood thirster, for boots MERCURY TREDS. Why does Corki die in the first place? The answer is CC, it is highly unlikely for you to die unless CCd, this is why Merc Treds, even if the enemy doesnt have that much CC is best for Corki.

The other build is rush philo stone (I always get philo stone on corki, regardless of build) and boots(finish merc treds later), then get tear, built tear into manamune, get catalyst, get glacial shroud(?)(that item that gives 45 armor 425mp 15%CDR). These items make you relatively beeffy, and all contribute to giving you AD, additionally, you will want to stack 2 dorans blades or so before you build manamune. After that you get BF Sword, finish Banshees Veil, finish blood thirster. Get Sheen.

The build ends up as the following:

Merc Treds
Manamune
Bloodthirster
Frozen Heart
Banshees Veil
Trinity Force

Its a pretty good build, the damage output isnt as AMAZING as other builds, but its still good damage and its fool proof, you become pretty tanky so little mistakes wont get you killed just like that. You can also stay in battle for longer if you take damage.

rEkcAh

08-01-2011

Atm here is my criticisms

1. You start with boots, even in pre nerf corki he is very squishy and even with HP quins you need more i suggest going for a dorans blade and if not buy another after boots of speed

2. Going mid is fine but at the moment it is better to give an ap carry like anivia, malz, brand, etc mid and go bot with a support as you can still farm and have someone to back you up early when you are weaker.

3. Manamune imo is an iffy item, sometimes i get it and sometimes not as i dont really need it after level 10 with have mana regen runes.

4. Try finishing tri force before cleaver as i find more health, AS, and the passive to be more beneficial overall then just the damage from cleaver mid game.

5. Your masteries are very strange, i go 21/0/9 as im going for AD carry build, i dont know if your teaming up with people that already have an ad carry and your going for a more sustainable corki but i always go for the wrecking ball corki.

6. Finally corki nerf isnt that big, his poke isnt that heart and i find that after tri force it feels very similar to pre patch corki, just earlier gatling and phos bomb dont hurt as much.

gl

inotdance

08-01-2011

triforce-zerks-IE/BT-bv/ga-pd

JazzyOJ

08-01-2011

Thank you to everyone so far. I've changed things up a bit and am doing better. My masteries are 21/0/9, but what do you think about these runes?

Marks Armor Pen
Seals Armor
Glyph MR
Quints Armor Pen.