Can you main tank with Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

He certainly does not have any skill to reduce burst damage, so chances are he might very well die within the first second. But assuming he survives that, I'm wondering just how much EHP Radiance would add. Granted it's only 50+ (a very small plus, because I assume tank won't stack AP), it does add up after a while. But still..is it possible for him to main tank? And if not, what exactly is his role? When should he engage in a fight? Imbue isn't exactly useful if you're not hitting things to reduce the CD, but charging in with the tank would most likely end up with death due to AoE.

Myrnodyn

05-02-2010

He can maintank, as long as you remember to bring cleanse.

His 'anti-nuke' effect is actually his self-heal potential. Radiance still heals himself, your own heals should heal you regardless of who the primary target was, and heal you more if the primary target is you. Also, since you have an armor raising passive you can easily rush spirit visage after you've got your mana and boots sorted. His initiation skills are lacking somewhat, but he has a stun, and he really shines in defensive fights or in battles where you (or the enemy) have a lot of carries.

That being said, he's a situational main-tank as best, and Rammus, Alistair and (in most cases) Blitz will do better in this role in blind pick.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

Ah, alright. So I guess it's back to offtanking (which I prefer). Thank you.

orfygage

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
And if not, what exactly is his role? When should he engage in a fight?.
healer. perfect healer. you engage after the initial burst is done, and with his ulti (if your team is physical), the other team should be toast. i prefer items like nashors or guinsoo cuz attackspeed=more heal and dmg = mana. i have played with my friends them being taric-soraka combo and its the best pusher team and will win 95% endgame, believe me.