Any Warwick builds for TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sex Scientist GG

05-02-2010

Spells, Skill build, etc. Jungle? etc

Thanks.

Thistlemin

05-02-2010

There's only a few spells IMO for TT Warwick that should be considered unless you're purely trying to counter in draft mode.

Smite/Exhaust OR Smite/Ghost. I run S/E but both are excellent.

Masteries- I jungle a ton on TT so having at least 10 in the Utility Tree is still mandatory. Exp+, Mana Regen, Buff duration increase are the ones I like the most.

Offense: One in Exhaust & Smite, 2 in Critical, 4 in Att Speed, Armor Pen Maxed. From there you should have a few left over and you can use as you prefer, a little more minion damage or extra points in damage or Move Speed and lowered CD from the Utility Tree.

Usually I run around 13/0/17 or 15/0/15.

Jungle- I'm a little different than a lot of players, so I will not say this is the only way, so make sure you get others' opinions as well on this. I start off in the top jungle, NOT in a team fight (most games) at Lizard. I usually forego first lizard if the enemy takes it to start match.

Top jungle looks like so:

Small Wolf Camp/Golem......Large Wolf/Wraith.......Large Wolf/Wraith........Small Wolf Camp/Golem.

It really depends on your enemies, if they have a jungler or not. But Ideally I'll start off at the nearest Small camp in top jungle, pray its a Golem. If its Golem Smite one, use W and finish both off. I start with Longsword and a Red Pot btw. There are other starters. If it is small wolf camp, use W, finish all (save your smite).

Step 2- if you want to try an early gank Wraith is the better buff to get for Movespeed +. The main Wraith has 900 HP to start. The main wolf has 1300 I believe to start early game. Step 2 has many variables, you want to take out one of the larger camps, but you'll need both your Smite and your W skill active at the same time before you try it. If they are on cooldowns, go to the far Small camp and beat it, even save your W if its wolves so you can then go to the larger camp with it active. If it's Golems again you'll have to use your W and possibly your red Pot, but then you'll get Hungering Strik to use for sure after you take one down.

Step 3- By this time you should have both small camps down or one small camp/one large camp. Make sure then to kill both small camps before you leave either way. You probably won't be able to get both Large camps unless you're high on HP. Either go help gank Top lane, support lanes, or run to mid jungle check on Lizard, take out the near golem/small wraith camp there. They do minimal damage so as long as you have W up you should be ok.

That's pretty much your circuit. I don't know the times of Dragon & Lizard spawns, but if you start playing Warwick or any jungler a lot, you'll want to get a good feel for their timing and run for them right away usually, careful not to get ganked too though. I prefer to ask top lane or my team to assist in first Dragon kill around level 5 or 6. I do this to ensure he isn't stolen, I don't get ganked, dragon doesn't get smited at the last second etc. The faster you take it down, the better. You dawdle up there and you increase your chances of bad things happening to you. I've also seen a trick of people attacking dragon and then retreating a little to pull it away from the Top wall so that lanes enemies can't see that you're farming the dragon and/or easily smite it, ranged attack steal it.

Trick here is to save your smite until the last second when its health is very low so you can end with smite and decrease the possibility of it being stolen. The same goes for Lizard. Unlike where on Summoner's Rift you want to use your Smite right away on camps so that it immediately starts its Cooldown.

On TT the risk of camps being stolen is a priority to avoid so you need to do your best to defend against it. Also don't let enemies lurk near your buffs to wait until the last second to steal. If its just one of them either ping for help, attack them yourself to scare them away or leave the buff and come back later. Your enemy is probably too weak to take it themselves once it regens to full health.

Any questions let me know and I'll try and clarify.

Runes- Also for Runes, I almost forgot. I've tried a few different set ups, but currently I'm using Attack Speed for Yellow, Red, & Blue; Armor Penetration for Quints. I'm actually thinking of trying Movement Speed for Quints and relying on my build to provide the Armor Pen.

Item Build- I have recently switched up my build thanks to a great suggestion I heard in another thread by a guide creator. He/she is friends with Wazzabi, I forget their name. Prodigy...idk. Here it is:

Longsword + Red Pot
LS---->Bloodrazor + Rank 1 Boots
Bloodrazor into Madred's Razor after building it with Pixkaxe & Recurve Bow
Another Recurve Bow + Longsword = Last Whisper
BF Sword, build this into a Bloodthirster

So your end CORE build should be Madred's, Last Whisper, BloodThirster, Boots of Choice. From here you'll want to get armor or HP items of some sort. Possible choices I've found to be useful are Frozen Mallet, Guardian Angel, Banshee's Veil. I've seen some use Atma's Impaler. I haven't experimented enough with it. Maybe if you build Frozen Mallet an Atma's will help you further. Either way its such an end game worry that I normally don't have to consider these items.

Good Luck!

roaroftheoden

05-02-2010

summoner spells: smite is a must have. I think there are a lot of viable options for the 2nd spell. I like to use flash. cleanse,ghost, or exaust would be the other options.

runes I go armor pen marks, dodge seals, flat magic resist glyphs, and flat health quints. Just make sure on treeline you are using flat bonuses over per lvl.

For masteries I like to go 9/21/0.

My starting items are cloth armor, ward, 1 of each potion. I would start by warding mid and neutraling one of the mid camps with your team and then contest lizard when it spawns.

As far as item builds I would go bloodrazor 95% of the time. wits ends 5% of the time. Boots --> ninja or merc treads. More often than not I go merc treads.

Meanwhile you should be buying wards. To maximize the value of smite you will need wards at the 2 important neutral camps so you can steal and contest them.

If the game goes longer I recommend getting guardian angel as your second large item.

Darkwolfer2002

05-03-2010

I thirdly ahnd strongly suggest smite though I use heal/smite. The reason I use heal is because most people are smart enough to know to let WW lane top thus heal being effecient for when you are low on life that boost that keeps you alive and lets you finish the battle... ALIVE. Heal can also be user to keep minions alive at turret longer so you may focus on turret longer - hunter call FTW. I do a cross between jungle lane. I start with the wolf/golem camp (and if I am lucky it will be golems so I am already lvl 2)

Since most groups go to gank bottom - FACT people are predictable it leaves me to free solo top and I am usually lvl 3-4 before they come to gank or foolishly send 1 person to lane against me. One thing to remember is that if you push too far in the lane you can be ganked easily from both sides. Thus being why I lane/jungle. When the lane gets to bout half keeping an eye on enemy position in mind I go to jungle taking out ghosts/big wolf. At this point it is time to go back and gear - then if you are clever enough get dragon buff!

Items I go for 1st is vampric sceptor (reason being its a small map and while it is less effective then what I use for 5vs5 jungling it keeps me alive when laning against ranged opponents)

then I go for madrids razors reasoning behind this is it is precurser to Madrids Bloodrazer which is a must have for any WW! 2nd of all this helps to push lanes and jungling.

Third of course is boots and this is usually dependent on enemy champs. If there is a ryze or morgana treads is a must. Other then that I usually get boots of swiftness for a nice even paced speed.

next I head up my blood thirst followed by madrids blood razer then usually game over before I get anymore gear and I am sitting at 10+ kills and virtually no deaths - why because WW OWNS TT.

Skill order: Q/W/E/E/W/R/Q/E/E/W/R/W/E/W/R/Q/Q most the time I dont make it past the 2nd R before game is over either due to surrender or otherwise blasting turrets.

I could sit here and explain my order but I will just say it works for me.

Hazards: Stealth toons e.g. Evelyn / Twitch / Teemo shrooms... for all these I suggest sight wards it also doesnt hurt to lay a ward by the dragon to know when people are going for it and when you can gank. Lizard is another good spot.

Fiddlesticks! His OP silencing strong AOE charge Ult butt needs to die. NEVER confront him 1 on 1 unless you are like 5 levels above him he eats WW for breakfast... truly any good ranged character like Ashe who can constantly slow you or Tristana can be a hasle but both of them die real easy once you get bloodrazer.

That is about it I hope this helps!

Sex Scientist GG

05-04-2010

Thanks for the tips. Any good rune builds?
Red: Arm pen?
Yellow: Dodge?
Blue: CDR?

Thistlemin

05-04-2010

You don't need CDR IMO.

Necrax

05-04-2010

Here's what i use.

Summoner Spells
smite/ghost

Runes
Red: 6x Armor Pen, 3x Attack Speed
Yellow: 9x Attack Speed
Blue: 9x Magic Resist (mix of flat and per level)

if you aren't a fan of attack speed the following works great for jungling as well:
Red: 9x Armor Pen
Yellow: 9x Flat Armor
Blue: 9x Magic Resist

Masteries
just be sure to take improved smite and awereness for extra exp. if you go the attack speed route take alacrity as well. i go with a 22% improved attack speed at level 1 which ends up having a little more than 0.8 attacks per second which greatly improves your jungling thanks to your passive.

i rarely skip madred's bloodrazor unless my whole team is solely magic oriented and i expect a lot of MR on the opposing team (which renders bloodrazor useless).

apart from this i always adapt to the needs so i can't give you a cookie cutter build. also, consider ghostblade it's a solid item on warwick.

as a basic rule get on-hit effects because they proc with your ult and they are utilized by your increased attack speed from runes/hunter's call.

on a side note to a previous reply: i don't think last whisper can be considered a core item on warwick.

Balderdash1000

05-04-2010

Why in gods name would you go attack speed when you get a 70% boost from his w, and his ult is 5 attacks, no matter what his attack speed is?

I'm also not a big fan of smite, cause you really have no need for it.

I go AD every time to make the ult hurt as much as possible, and to make sure the hits you get in chases hurt. In stand up fights, his w skill is a multiplier that goes nicely with an attack damage build. Madred's is unnecessary unless your opponents are stacking armor or health. Once again, the mobs in TT are too weak for smite or madred's to be necessary in any way to farm them.

Sex Scientist GG

05-05-2010

Is Long sword and pot a good starting choice? Or cloth armour and 5 pots or vamp scepter?

Thistlemin

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balderdash1000 View Post
Why in gods name would you go attack speed when you get a 70% boost from his w, and his ult is 5 attacks, no matter what his attack speed is?

I'm also not a big fan of smite, cause you really have no need for it.

I go AD every time to make the ult hurt as much as possible, and to make sure the hits you get in chases hurt. In stand up fights, his w skill is a multiplier that goes nicely with an attack damage build. Madred's is unnecessary unless your opponents are stacking armor or health. Once again, the mobs in TT are too weak for smite or madred's to be necessary in any way to farm them.
It sounds like you lane with Warwick. Is that right? Smite is very useful on TT. Extremely useful. You need it for the larger camps on top map, Dragon, Lizard early on. Also in more competitive games stealing becomes important and more precisely, avoiding getting your buffs stolen or worse, yourself ganked in the process.