[Help] Item Builds for Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnyOtherEnemy

05-02-2010

I have MP5 runes and I never find that this is enough mana without at least a meki. How do you manage this? Nasus has **** mana regen naturally and constantly has to cast Siphoning Strike and the occasional Spirit Fire to farm. I find myself outlaned by any ranged champ with mana regen, as without mana I can't really do much except get harassed.

HowlingKommando

05-02-2010

Meditation Mastery + Sapphire start

Don't waste Spirit of Fire much early on, you can lane just fine with Siphoning.

gramkracka22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

i like getting chalice, it allows me to farm with spirtfire as much as i want, more or less

roninsm

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingKommando View Post
Meditation Mastery + Sapphire start

Don't waste Spirit of Fire much early on, you can lane just fine with Siphoning.

Try laning against a double ranged lane with just SS. It doesn't work. Spirit Fire is what gives Nasus lane control.

AnyOtherEnemy

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
Try laning against a double ranged lane with just SS. It doesn't work. Spirit Fire is what gives Nasus lane control.
Yeah, you said it. Siphoning Strike is very tough to use against ranged unless you force them out of range using Spirit Fire. I find Spirit Fire's biggest benefit is that it allows you to control where people are standing, its damage is ok too. Also I don't see how saph crystal helps your mana problem at all, you will just run out later rather than sooner and still not regen to keep up.

Hyfe

05-02-2010

I run MP5 glyphs and a 0-21-9 mastery and start with dorans shield and 1 HP pot and rarely have trouble with mana or farming, and I can tell you how.

Don't spam SF until it hits level 3. Stay back and last hit with SS. Your dorans will enable you to do this effectively against all but the toughest laning combos. Use SF if they build up a double wave or if they are getting feisty and standing around by the melee creeps. Conserve your mana, play cautious, and last hit as much as possible. At 6, unless you see an obvious opporunity to kill one or both of your lane enemies, slip around to golem. Ult it. Use all your spells and mana on it to take it down as quickly as possible. You can pull this off against average players almost every game unless they've got a jungler. Now you have limitless mana and great CDR. Return to your lane and spam to your hearts content. I've farmed Aegis, lvl 1 boots, and sheen all in one go several times with nothing but dorans to start.

The only time I've felt like I need chalice is if your are 1v2ing a tricky lane combo that is really trying to harass you or push the lane. In that case you might need to pick up the chalice in order to SF spam to counter them. This is hillariously fun when they are trying their damdest to gib your or push your tower and you are just hanging out, dropping SFs on their creep waves, and outfarming/lvling the both of them.

xDiamantx

05-02-2010

I usually buy

Mekhi Pendant > Chalice of Harmony
Mercury Treads
Sheen > Trinity Force
Emblem of Valour > Stark's Fervor

Usually game ends around that but I will build Sunfire Cape if it doesn't.

This build gets me a lot of kills but it's definitely a bit squishier.

Hyfe

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDiamantx View Post
I usually buy

Mekhi Pendant > Chalice of Harmony
Mercury Treads
Sheen > Trinity Force
Emblem of Valour > Stark's Fervor

Usually game ends around that but I will build Sunfire Cape if it doesn't.

This build gets me a lot of kills but it's definitely a bit squishier.
Early Aegis will help immensely with the squishiness.

MP5/lvl runes allow you to elminate the Chalice, and it won't be missed once you realize you can solve mana issues with runes.