Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

TT Janna build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endrokan

05-02-2010

Hi, I wanted to try Janna on TT. Can any1 suggest me what build works here? What spell should I choose for early gank? I've read some opinions about her and found out many people consider her very good TT champ, couldnt find any specific build, though.

big wooden sword

Recruiter

05-02-2010

my advice is dont pick her. i main as her, and dont get much success on 3v3, prolly why i dont do 3v3 very often. but what you take should depend onteam. and you have to be ap.

what i think would be a good team comp is chogath, jax. with that comp you could possibly go with hg, for double knock up. just dont get caught, cause you will drop fast. you want to have a physical dps for sure on the team to work well with shield.

also, you will prolly want to get 3 lvls in shield, then just max zephyr. that way you can do damage. theres only 3 of them, u dont need the maxed shield right away.

Eppa

05-02-2010

^ She is top tier on TT

Max E first get 2-3 dorans ring after that get Banshees, RoA or Frozen Heart.

Incineration

05-02-2010

Quote:
hyboomken:
my advice is dont pick her. i main as her, and dont get much success on 3v3, prolly why i dont do 3v3 very often. but what you take should depend onteam. and you have to be ap.

Woot for worthless and completely wrong anecdotal evidence.

LairyRover

05-02-2010

Hello,

I main as Janna and win most of my games with her, including the TT ones. Usually we'll only lose if my team is feeding.

That being said, the following build is useless if you don't know how to play Janna appropriately. I use this because it works for me, not because it's funny to have

Boots + 1 health pot + 2 mana pots
Boots of Swiftness
Ability Tome - Mejal's Soulstealer
Leviathan
Blasting Wand (Game usually ends here)- Abyssal Scepter
Melki - Chalice of Harmony/Philosopher's Stone (To stay in fights longer)
Blasting Wand - Void Staff (At this point, my nuke does significant damage. The staff is well worth it.)

Of course, if you're not getting kills/assists then you'll want to switch up the items you get. Kage's lucky pick is a favorite of mine sometimes, and you can also get Rylai's if you find that the extra slow is useful.

I always tell my teammates in the beginning of the game "Don't let them farm and you've won." Apply this to all the games you play and you'll start to win more.

Saavedra

Recruiter

05-02-2010

cheap dps and cheap tank items. Doran's whatever is nice, but I prefer to start either long sword or crystal to rush catalyst or brutalizer. Guinsoo is excellent as well. By the time you get all that you should have won already.

AnyOtherEnemy

05-02-2010

Your build says the game usually ends after you buy your leviathan, that doesn't make much sense now does it. Also why boots of swiftness when you're already faster than other champs naturally? It seems to me Sorc's shoes or the defensive boots would be better suited.

LairyRover

05-02-2010

Quote:
national:
Your build says the game usually ends after you buy your leviathan, that doesn't make much sense now does it. Also why boots of swiftness when you're already faster than other champs naturally? It seems to me Sorc's shoes or the defensive boots would be better suited.

I also have movement quintessences.

In the beginning of the game, you don't allow the other team to farm when you solo lane on TT. You don't even let them get Xp at the creeps. It allows you to chase them and harrass them easily.

Yes, the game typically ends when I buy Blasting Wand because I am able to keep my team and mana up with Clarity and utility mana regeneration masteries at that point so I wont have to go back to the Nexus. To be honest, Janna doesn't really need items to be useful. There are plenty of games where I've had 3k or 4k in the bank before their nexus explodes. \

MageRage

05-02-2010

Quote:
Psych0tlc:
Yes, the game typically ends when I buy Blasting Wand because I am able to keep my team and mana up with Clarity and utility mana regeneration masteries at that point so I wont have to go back to the Nexus. To be honest, Janna doesn't really need items to be useful. There are plenty of games where I've had 3k or 4k in the bank before their nexus explodes. \

^ This

This is what makes Janna a good babysitter, because she doesn't need to rely on items as much as most other champions. It also makes for great short battles, like TT.

AnyOtherEnemy

05-02-2010

If you aren't spending your money you're doing it wrong. Everyone benefits from items.