Error when trying to uninstall

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senshin

05-01-2010

I tried to play a game but once it minimizes and the black screen comes up it doesnt respond and the game crashes. I re-downloaded the new client and tried to uninstall LoL but I get this error code -5005 : 0x80070002, Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. I am currently using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Ampharel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshin View Post
I tried to play a game but once it minimizes and the black screen comes up it doesnt respond and the game crashes. I re-downloaded the new client and tried to uninstall LoL but I get this error code -5005 : 0x80070002, Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. I am currently using Windows 7 Ultimate.
Can you check for me, when running the uninstall, if theres a process called "wtoolsa.exe" running.
Task manager -> Process

Senshin

05-01-2010

It's setup.exe *32

Ampharel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

No dont look for that process.
Check if theres a different process running named: wtoolsa.exe

Senshin

05-01-2010

I'm at work right now but the only thing I saw pop up was that. It could have been running already since I just checked what popped up when I tried to uninstall. I'm taking a guess that if that's running thenthats what's preventing me from uninstalling? I have tried restarting and uninstalling right after but that didn't work either.

Ok I'm at home now and I dont see wtools come up anywhere on my process list.

Ampharel

05-02-2010

The wtoolsa.exe is a adware program that can be a cause of this problem, its really hard to kill too.

The problem is caused by windows thinking the files he's looking for are in a different map then he thinks. This happens when your hard disk is full so that it'll start using up the space reserved for windows, check if your c:\ drive (if thats where you installed windows) is full, and if so, clear it up abit.

Otherwise just try installing the new version and use the repair function

Ampharel

05-02-2010

If you have recently updated windows:
what might work:

Turn off windows auto update
1. start
2. run
3. service.msc
4. rightmousebutton on auto update
5. stop it

Then minimize this (you'll need this later)

Go to your windows folder: (c:\windows)
Rename SoftwareDistribution to something like: SoftwareDistrubtion1

Go to start
Run
cmd

Inside the cmd type:

cd %windir%
hit Enter

ren SoftwareDistribution SDTemp
hit Enter
exit

Now go back to start the auto update in the service.msc

Then go to the microsoft site and update let your windows update.