Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guide to Frontdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pr0phetEzekiel

05-02-2010

Okay kids. We, Team Jonas Brothers, thought up something that none of you have ever done before.

Remember those games where you took a turret at four minutes? Man, you were cruising. Pushing lanes, owning noobs, farmin creep, the enemy had no idea what was up.

Then the normal turret kills around ten minutes, etc, game goes on.

What if you could get a turret in under a minute? In fact, what if you could get a turret within the FIRST minute of the game?

Team Jonas Brothers presents: Frontdooring (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz1IWFSER28).

The turret goes down at 00:45.

Basic strategy: Three people get rally, everyone gets teleport. Elixers all around. Teleport mid. Shen runs in, pops rally, tanks it for two hits, dashes out while the team rushes in. Since rally is priority, the team doesnt get hurt. A second rally goes up, with a turret and JitB. The entire process takes twenty five seconds.

We ended up losing the game because we didn't really care about winning.

A turret kill gives 100 gold and 1/2 a bar of xp right off the start, so we aren't gimped.

Thoughts? Think you can do it better? Please let us know.

Almighty1

05-02-2010

That's the same idea as level 1 dragon before they made it spawn later. But anyway, good job!

pannra

05-02-2010

Nice, that's awesome.

Mesa H

05-02-2010

Interesting. Tho maybe you lost the game coz of your summoner skills

Auvic

Recruiter

05-02-2010

Auvic here, the one that played the heimer.

I'm sure there's a better substitute for heimerdinger in this sort of turret-rush play, but I don't really have the runes for a proper tank.

That said, tele+heal on heimer is asking for fail.

I'll second wall on this, though: if you can find a way to do this better, post it up!

Xocolatl

Recruiter

05-02-2010

At any rate, it was for the lulz, and very epic. Gotta watch out for Clairvoyance on the other team though. I usually spy on the spawn point, so I would know if 3 people are running down the same path.

Vienna

05-02-2010

Shaco's JitB would probably be better off behind you guys as opposed to being with you. The damage it offers kind of pales compared to the escape mechanism it offers.

I'm also kind of shaky on the Heimerdinger call. Maybe WW with his global AS or something?

EDIT: Twitch as well. The AS boost from his stealth maybe.

Madawc

05-02-2010

all you need is teemo to stealth middle and have an ashe there, kill middle then the turret.
isay ashe because of her slow but a trist would work out too with rocket jump
simple and you wont get there whole team coming mid, if they do your duo lanes can then damage there turrets

Silverdevilboy

05-02-2010

This is one of the better uses for revive.

Take revive and the mastery. At least 2-3 people.

At the start of the game, the people with revive bum-rush the tower, and just die to it. No items, as fast as possible, straight into it. Make sure to call out LOL WE'RE JUST GONNA SUICIDE. Make SURE that the opponents do NOT get a hit in.

Then they revive. With a metric ton of health. And your entire team takes the tower, with the 2-3 champs with huge health taking the attacks from the tower.

This works better on TT, but you don't take the tower, you just use the extra health to FB.

Shiro Sol

05-02-2010

Just wondering but...gL-Spectre?