My Udyr build - Time To DANCE!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rmandraque

05-01-2010

Started as a joke but Ive done so good with it I cant help but depend on it.

Clease, Ghost.

As much Attack Speed as you can from your runebook. Your survivability, as in your regen in turtle, and your phoenix dmg depends on this. I have +35% in my runebook.

Masteries: defensive/utility.

at start -> boots, potion, ward(you never know when you might need it, and it lets you and your lane mate target the enemy while their in the bush)
First -> Get either ninja tabis or merc threads, you wont need to go faster.
Second -> If enemy has several mana dependent physical heroes (rammus, malphite, chogath, etc) you might want to get a wits end. Great dmg and useful effect for the price.
Then -> Phantom Dancer
Then -> Phantom Dancer
Then -> If taking to much magic dmg FoN.
Then -> Carries will be doing most the dmg by know so there isnt really any way I have found to give udyr a significant dmg boost by this point. If you are surviving enough and have several teamates dependent on magic dmg, get an abyssal scepter. If the enemy is still hitting you physically for too much get some armor item. OR GO FASTER!

Wrecks physical teams with good midgame dmg, amazing speed, and dodge, while you regen really well and you can block alot of the dmg from spells.

Always max turtle. If team fighting alot or lanning in a side, max bear. If you have to solo max phoenix, but you might want to stop phoenix at 3 or 4 to get bear for team fights. First few lvls youll be chillin, using turtle exclusively unless using bear or phoenix will net a clear kill opportunity. You need to be able to stay in the lane for a long time, so measure your self accordingly.

After lvl5/6 you want to begin getting more aggressive, begging to use bear or pheonix more often. lvl 7/8 you should be constantly harrasing opponents, always mindful of your mana, never leaving yourself without the mana needed for one more turtle. For example, run up with bear and if you see them throw something at you, block it with turtle and go back. At other times get into turtle, for the shield, and rush them, as soon as the cooldown allows it activate bear and stun them to harrass. By the time they get out of stun your turtle should be up, leaving zero room whatsoever for them to deal dmg to you.

Get Golum and Lizard as they are both really helpful on Udyr.

rmandraque

05-02-2010

nobody wants to dance?

Yana

05-02-2010

Just a bit of feedback. I found it hard to understand what skills you were suggesting to max. Also, you need to breakup the masteries more, just how far into defense or utility should I go?

I still think triforce as a first item is the way to go, since it contains 3 highly useful items which really benefit you. I also feel your damage will be overall higher with triforce than with a PD, especially early / mid game, which is where you're at your weakest. The slow is also helpful of course, especially if you can't rely on getting a lizardbuff all the time.

I would also wonder if instead of a PD, something with a recurve bow might help more, since you get a more immediate boost from that earlygame than from 2 daggers (or a zeal or so). The other aspect is that PD is pretty expensive, completing a recurve bow item (which tend to be a lot cheaper) would set you up faster than a PD which only really pays off when it's fully complete. Also, PD isn't all that flash IMHO.

With regards to masteries, wouldn't offense be good for lower resist?

rmandraque

05-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yana View Post
Just a bit of feedback. I found it hard to understand what skills you were suggesting to max. Also, you need to breakup the masteries more, just how far into defense or utility should I go?

I still think triforce as a first item is the way to go, since it contains 3 highly useful items which really benefit you. I also feel your damage will be overall higher with triforce than with a PD, especially early / mid game, which is where you're at your weakest. The slow is also helpful of course, especially if you can't rely on getting a lizardbuff all the time.

I would also wonder if instead of a PD, something with a recurve bow might help more, since you get a more immediate boost from that earlygame than from 2 daggers (or a zeal or so). The other aspect is that PD is pretty expensive, completing a recurve bow item (which tend to be a lot cheaper) would set you up faster than a PD which only really pays off when it's fully complete. Also, PD isn't all that flash IMHO.

With regards to masteries, wouldn't offense be good for lower resist?
The point of this build is to just dance around your enemies and control them, while being nearly unkillable unless completely bursted. The goal of this build is speed, not dmg. Of course to play this you have to be good to be able to do something with all that speed.

Yes, triforce will have higher dmg, maybe, but most of the dmg in my build comes from phoenix, and the dmg in phoenix comes from attack speed.

I usually buy a phantom dancer straight from the shop, or almost completly by the first time I decide to go back to shop. That means that the first item should be of similar price, though a bit cheaper might be better. A good reason to pick PD over Tri-force is that it has higher attack speed(More dmg from phoenix, more stuns from bear, more regen from turtle) and it has dodge. That dodge adding up with his passive gives you alot more survivality than the tri-force. I would even say that the dodge might be the primary reason for picking PD over any other item at this point. And you dont need the mana that the triforce gives you.

More than anything, when playing with this style you control and annoy the hell of the enemy in fights and you win the war of attrition nearly every time, even if its you against three, in mid game you can usually hold them all off, and if not just run away.

EDIT: and in team fights your goal i not to kill every body, its to keep straglers in the fight for your carry/mage to finish them off. If you stun somebody and see somebody running away, leave however you stuned for your team to finish and grab that stragler.