New 2 Nid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dillonrea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

i started nidalee yesterday and i love her my current build is
lich bane
abysal scepter
rylais
zhonya
in that order
(plus boots during the making of lich bane)

so far ive noticed that as nidalee i get focused asap and i was wondering if a rod of ages then lich bane build would be any good?

do you have any suggestions? my sumon skills are clarity and ignite and i have a 35 armor pen page with 22 mana regen at 18

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillonrea View Post
i started nidalee yesterday and i love her my current build is
lich bane
abysal scepter
rylais
zhonya
in that order
(plus boots during the making of lich bane)

so far ive noticed that as nidalee i get focused asap and i was wondering if a rod of ages then lich bane build would be any good?

do you have any suggestions? my sumon skills are clarity and ignite and i have a 35 armor pen page with 22 mana regen at 18
I usually play AD Nidalee, I actually have a guide up right now, not sure if it's still on the first page or has been added to the compendium, but there it is. However, I switch it up from time to time just for kicks.

First, ArP runes are a waste if you are playing AP Nidalee. I rune with Magic Pen Reds, Mp5/lvl Yellows, CDR Blues, and HP Quints. You don't need as much mana regen as you are getting, nor do you need Clarity, but don't be foolish with your mana. Second, I recommend you play AD Nid for a while, and then move to AP. AP is a more challenging build because so much of your damage comes from your skillshot, you need to be very good with it. AD relies on it less, so it's better for learning, and once you are better with it you can hit up AP.

On your build, Lich Bane is a superb item. Good choice. I would recommend using Cleanse so you can buy Sorc's Shoes. However, you don't have enough CDR. Nidalee lives and breaths on CDR. The faster you can get out those Cougar nukes the better. As such, I usually buy Nashor's Tooth after Lich Bane and boots. The Attack Speed is ok, the AP is always good, but you mostly get it because I believe it has the highest amount of CDR on a single item in the game 25% from one item, on top your Runes, will get you pretty **** close to the CDR cap. Of course, your Rylai's is a great item after Nashor's, then Zhonya's.

Feel free to hit up my AD guide, but if you have your heart set on AP (no shame in that, I just find AD to be much better in the long run) then I would try this build:

Sapphire Crystal + HP and Mana

Sheen R1 Boots

R2 Boots Fiendish Codex

Blasting Wand

Lich bane

Nashor's Tooth

Giant's Belt

Rylai's

Zhonya's.

The game is still going? Build whatever the hell you want.

I generally find RoA to be a waste on Nidalee, as there are other times that give her so much more. If you are getting focused, then you are being to aggressive. Toss around your skillshot and some Lich Bane-ed auto attacks from healing, and once the fight has started, and some CDs have been used, then run in with Cougar form and watch people melt.