Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fortify and jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kazumiyumi

07-31-2011

wait i can own baron with nunu without smite

my devour does lots of damage and heals me for as much as he can usually damage me

Carados

07-31-2011

Quote:
kazumiyumi:
wait i can own baron with nunu without smite

my devour does lots of damage and heals me for as much as he can usually damage me

Uhh, Nunu is actually the most important jungler to take smite on.

Melvear

07-31-2011

Quote:
Carados:
You build an early PhiloStone on Jungle Rammus. I don't know why you're having sustain problems.

Because I normally build a HoG instead. Perhaps I should try the philo.

Tenronth

07-31-2011

Always 2 gold/10 items, with 1 u dont notice.

Carados

07-31-2011

Quote:
Melvear:
Because I normally build a HoG instead. Perhaps I should try the philo.

HoG after the Philo.

There's two general kinds of junglers:

Wriggles and Philostone junglers.

Nunu, Amumu, Rammus, and such are philostone junglers, WW, Trundle, and Nocturne are Wriggles junglers.

Udyr's pretty cool because he can be either depending on what you need.

UknowsI

07-31-2011

Fortify gives a large bonus to jungling, especially if you start with the vampiric scepter. It makes jungling much safer, and you can use more risky setup. I wouldn't be surprised if fortify can improve your jungling time as much as smite, but the problem, as previously mentioned, is stealing buffs. Smite is absolutely necessary if the enemy tries to counter jungle, or for you to secure dragon and baron kills.

The question then is, could you use Smite and Fortify? This combination will make your jungling super strong. Most junglers would be able to keep close to full health with this setup. The problem is that most junglers would be able to jungle without fortify and at the same time have a more valueble spell such as flash.

When would I recommend Fortify? If you don't have enough runes to successfully jungle, I guess fortify will make it possible for you to start learning how to jungle even at a low summoner level. Fortify is a much better choice than heal or ignite to boost your early jungling, but for any serious level of play, flash will probably be better.