lee sin build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObscureClockwork

07-31-2011

How do you build lee sin to be a good DPS
what attributes are most desired in priority?

i normally have a trinity, bloodthirster, PD, as core items, but im not sure if that works well enough. the guides on the forums don't match my tastes, and the ones on MOBAFIRE build him very off-tanky, in which i think you are trading off too much power

so what items are good on him?

main question is: are the 3 items above together viable for a lee sin, and what other items would work just as good, or better for him

Carados

07-31-2011

Wriggles if jungling, then Trinity Force into Tank. If you build anything else you're just kinda doing something silly that makes no sense with his role and his skills.

ObscureClockwork

07-31-2011

he is an assassin, so i build him high damage and attack speed (1 AS isnt good enough)
so i get bloothirster, trinity and PD for a AD assassin

would the 3 items work?

Carados

07-31-2011

"Assassin" means literally nothing in this game. If you're judging on what to build him based on a word that means nothing, you have huge problems and need to learn some basic theory.

ObscureClockwork

07-31-2011

his role is dps if im not mistaken, and i use trinity, im asking about PD and bloodthirster...

i want to know what to prioritize for him (statwise, like AD, AS, HP, AP or what)

i can build him tanky, yes, i can get warmoggs + atma, but im not sure if thats the best way, hence the post for help. but generally, if i see assassin, im not going to go build a bunch of tank items. just like if i see a mage in its role, i would expect to build AP, or if i see a tank, its HP and Armor

Carados

07-31-2011

He's a melee carry.
Just like every other melee carry, you do the same two builds...

Wriggles if jungling, Trinity, tanky
or
Wriggles if jungling, Ghostblade, tanky.

That's the only way that builds him in a way that makes sense with his skills.

DPS is a measurement, not a role.

ObscureClockwork

07-31-2011

you aren't answering the question i have posted. im asking about Phantom Dancer and Bloodthirster

Bloodthirster for Lifesteal (which he'll use) Damage (for his skills)
and
Phantom dancer for Movement speed buff and Attack speed buff (which he'll probably enjoy)

im asking if this is viable or are there better ways to build him

i already use trinity, im sorry you didnt get that the first time i posted it
also, when someone states his role is DPS, it's generally taken as his role is to deal high damage per second.

im asking about viability of trinity + phantom dancer + Bloodthirster. it is just 3 items

and how would a tanky build fit with his skills?

Kayxz

07-31-2011

I find that aspd is a complete waste on Lee. You have your passive which you can keep up indefinitely if you can cycle skills properly. You will have all the attackspeed you will need for free.

I like rushing a BF if possible but if i have a bad time in lane i usually go brutalizer > ghostblade later in the game. but the triforce route works great too if you can farm it fast enough.

I think just big AD items and Arpen work best for him because of all the skills you will be using and his awesome ad scaling on Q and R.

Boomstick II

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
you aren't answering the question i have posted. im asking about Phantom Dancer and Bloodthirster

Bloodthirster for Lifesteal (which he'll use) Damage (for his skills)
and
Phantom dancer for Movement speed buff and Attack speed buff (which he'll probably enjoy)

im asking if this is viable or are there better ways to build him

i already use trinity, im sorry you didnt get that the first time i posted it
also, when someone states his role is DPS, it's generally taken as his role is to deal high damage per second.

im asking about viability of trinity + phantom dancer + Bloodthirster. it is just 3 items

and how would a tanky build fit with his skills?
I would keep the Trinity, but lose the PD and BT. Replace both items with a Stark's Fervor. With Trinity and Stark's, you shouldn't need much more DPS, but if you REALLY want more I'd suggest a hextech gunblade. I wouldn't say his main role is DPS, it's more about protecting your carry and destroying their carry. You're not going to have enough DPS to take down a tank like a true carry would.

If you truly wish to play as only an assassin, then you could try the build I used to use, which built him very high in AD but not as much survivability. Also, as an "assassin", Lee Sin won't need so much attack speed. He'll want almost straight AD with some HP, which is what this build provides.
-Boots (mercs)
-hexdrinker
-youmuu's
-frozen mallet
-bloodthirster
-last whisper/bloodthirster
~If you want, you can get an early wriggles to help you farm (by jungling) but you'll most likely want to get rid of it later for more AD. I'd keep it until your inv is full and you have enough money for a BT or something.

(Yes, I know hexdrinker is generally a situational item, but it gives a decent amount of AD and MR for the price, and that shield can save your life. I'd much rather have hexdrinker + elixers than 1 more expensive item that would give more survivability)

With this, you'll have tons of AD, and enough MR and HP to withstand a nuke from a caster. Also, with the youmuu's active and frozen mallet, no one is ever going to get away from you. I wouldn't recommend this however. Trinity + tanky is much better IMO. You won't hit quite as hard, but you'll live long enough to output more damage and prevent damage from going to your teammates instead. Although he is labeled as an assassin, he isn't the typical "I killed you in .5 seconds" assassin like leblanc. He has great mobility and can secure kills and/or set up great ganks for kills (knock enemies back to your teammates with your ult), which is as close to assassin as he's going to get.

Build I would recommend over what you've been doing :
-boots (mercs)
-trinity
-randuins
-banshees
-stark's
-situational (gunblade for DPS, or a survivability item, preferably with HP)

Edit: forgot to answer one of your questions
How would a tanky build fit his skills?
I'm not sure how they "fit" per se, but his shield works off his armor and MR, which helps, and if he's got a good amount of resistances, then his lifesteal is even more effective than it normally would be. Also, if you can survive longer, then you're going to get more trinity procs in, and it all adds up. Plus, if you can't survive, why play Lee Sin? He's not like Xin who has a whole bunch of DPS skills. Lee Sin has 2 good damage skills (Q and R) a shield/armor+LS+vamp skill, and his tempest, which reveals stealth, does a little damage, and cripples afterwards. He's more utility oriented with decent damage on the side imo. Also, his ultimate is more used for the utility than the damage in most situations. Knocking an enemy to your teammates/knocking their carry away from the fight/knocking up a bunch of the enemies, etc etc. You can't take advantage of all the utility he has if he dies before he can put any of it to good use. And btw if he's too squishy, the lifesteal you get won't be enough to keep you alive. You have to attack to survive if you're LS + squishy build. One stun could destroy you. If you're tanky, you can withstand the initial CC and damage, and continue to lifesteal and DPS your way through the enemy team. That's my take on Lee Sin, I hope it helps .

ObscureClockwork

07-31-2011

ok thanks

i was thinking of getting PD for speed and movement, as higher attack speed lets me skill through more efficiently (fit more skills in the Q-R-Q combo)