IMHO: Stun Effects & Leaps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arieus Giovanni

07-31-2011

IMHO there is a balance issue in game with stun and leap effects.

I just encountered a team consisting of Leona, Poppy, Wukong, Teemo, and Karthus.

That was quite a stacked team when you think about it. Personally - I feel that if a person is hit by a stun, that further stun effects (other stuns) shouldn't affect the person for at least 5 seconds. So - if you get stunned, you cant stay stunned and die. Even in the event that a person could escape the team, Karthus is bound to kill you.

Lets talk about chasing too in this line up. Teemo shrooms slow but no big deal... what gets me is that Leona, Poppy, Wukong could all rush up on you while chasing you down. Even with speed 3 boots.

So - let me get this right, Leona can stun multiple times as well as drop on top of you while chasing...

Poppy can drop on top of you and stun as well as do strong damage....

This kinda goes back to an earlier thread I had about tanks being tanks and doing very little damage but can take a lot of damage and they should have the stuns and snares. DPS shouldn't have these effect such as Brand, Annie, ect.

So if Poppy is a dps, then no stun. If she is an official tank then that would be different. Even in her hybrid form, shouldn't it just be a slow or snare instead of the whole "you cant fight back and I do extra damage to you!".

This isn't so much about QQ as it is about me realizing where the game seems to be broken and how certain combinations probably shouldn't play off each other for reasons of the no-fair / no-fun ideal.

If you feel you must down vote this thread, I understand but it's suppose to be food for thought and your detailed input (from anyone) is welcome. Please explain why you think or feel the way you do in a response and be clear and insightful.

Thank you,
- Arieus

TraphikJam

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieus Giovanni View Post
IMHO there is a balance issue in game with stun and leap effects.

I just encountered a team consisting of Leona, Poppy, Wukong, Teemo, and Karthus.

That was quite a stacked team when you think about it. Personally - I feel that if a person is hit by a stun, that further stun effects (other stuns) shouldn't affect the person for at least 5 seconds. So - if you get stunned, you cant stay stunned and die. Even in the event that a person could escape the team, Karthus is bound to kill you.

Lets talk about chasing too in this line up. Teemo shrooms slow but no big deal... what gets me is that Leona, Poppy, Wukong could all rush up on you while chasing you down. Even with speed 3 boots.

So - let me get this right, Leona can stun multiple times as well as drop on top of you while chasing...

Poppy can drop on top of you and stun as well as do strong damage....

This kinda goes back to an earlier thread I had about tanks being tanks and doing very little damage but can take a lot of damage and they should have the stuns and snares. DPS shouldn't have these effect such as Brand, Annie, ect.

So if Poppy is a dps, then no stun. If she is an official tank then that would be different. Even in her hybrid form, shouldn't it just be a slow or snare instead of the whole "you cant fight back and I do extra damage to you!".

This isn't so much about QQ as it is about me realizing where the game seems to be broken and how certain combinations probably shouldn't play off each other for reasons of the no-fair / no-fun ideal.

If you feel you must down vote this thread, I understand but it's suppose to be food for thought and your detailed input (from anyone) is welcome. Please explain why you think or feel the way you do in a response and be clear and insightful.

Thank you,
- Arieus
While a stun/slow team can be annoying, the best I can offer you would be to grab Cleanse/Flash or Merc Treads. If Merc Treads don't quite fit into your build, try to build some other item with Tenacity.

Eubanks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieus Giovanni View Post
QSS. Cleanse. Tenacity.

If a team is blowing all their stuns on one person, however frustrating that is for one person, that means the other people on your team aren't getting stunned. Its not like they can't do anything.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

If you're a key player like a carry or a squishy nuker, you should NOT be in range of stuns if you can help it. If you get caught, that's your own poor positioning to blame. Merc Treads lowers CC significantly, and Cleans and QSS can both be used to shake hard CC and flash out.

Play better, build according to your needs, and stop complaining about accepted game features that nobody else has any problem with. Your opinion does not matter. The game will not be tailor made to suit your skill level.

GioHG

07-31-2011

Free immunity to stuns would be really stupid.
This game just need diminishing returns, which just apply for the poor kennen's stuns. I don't know what's Riot logic on this...

Lyriac

07-31-2011

It's not like they have HP items and CC reducing items in the game at all...Oh wait, they do.

Yeah some combinations suck but at some point you have to realise that even carries should really build towards some kind of mitigation or survivability.
Are you up against a CC heavy team? Merc treads and a Mallet. You get stun and 700hp for your fragile self, (Not that it's a problem solver but a step in the right direction) it's a start. QSS if it's a real problem.

Yeah it's easy to think that if you have a silly amount of AD/AP you can face roll some one down but it's not always the case.
People aren't building to survive and they're following builds rather than enemy team composition.

Zaurok

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
If you're a key player like a carry or a squishy nuker, you should NOT be in range of stuns if you can help it. If you get caught, that's your own poor positioning to blame. Merc Treads lowers CC significantly, and Cleans and QSS can both be used to shake hard CC and flash out.

Play better, build according to your needs, and stop complaining about accepted game features that nobody else has any problem with. Your opinion does not matter. The game will not be tailor made to suit your skill level.
Good luck dodging Leona's Ult. It's range is pretty big and if it doesn't stun you, 80% slow will allow her to dash (her E) and shield stun you.

I do agree that there should be some diminishing returns of some sort. The worst is when they have a lot of knockups characters. Tenacity/cleanse doesn't work against that.

P3W Gizeh

08-02-2011

Why do you allow Poppy to ram you into a wall at all ?

knownaim

08-02-2011

I just think that any type of crowd control or really high damaging skill should be a skill shot...not an unavoidable insta-face-smash.

Blizzzard of Ozz

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post

U gave good advice to him but don't be such a **** about it jesus...