Priority Question - Was I Wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaMonkee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

I got chewed out by my team for this...

I'm in the middle next to the 2nd Tier tower.

My team was engaged in a team fight in the top Stream/enemy woods, losing... not near any towers, just killing each other.

On the bottom, we had a bunch of enemy minions engaging our inner (3rd Tier) tower.

I opted to protect and clear the minions off the tower, while my team got mostly mowed over.

Was I wrong?

(additional backstory, my team was more focused on scoring enemy kills versus pushing/protecting towers)

Edit: Additional info, Tier 1 tower still alive in top lane, Tier 2 tower still alive in mid lane

JoelDavidBell

07-31-2011

I think you did the right thing. By the time you got to them, they would have almost completely dead and you would have been added to the pile of corpses in the jungle.
"If in doubt, farm!" thats my motto!

Foodhi

07-31-2011

To me, one of the key skills separating good players from bad ones in this game is knowing what to prioritize. There is no simple answer as in you should always do x over y since there are so many factors to consider. Regarding teamfights, you just have to be able to evaluate if you can make a difference by the time you get there.