so flat ap is better then magic pen early game right?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMURKY

07-31-2011

so flat ap is better then magic pen early game right? and magic pen is better then flat ap late game? im asking cause im wondering which is preferd flat ap quints or magic pen quints

gom99

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMURKY View Post
so flat ap is better then magic pen early game right? and magic pen is better then flat ap late game? im asking cause im wondering which is preferd flat ap quints or magic pen quints
Flat Magic pen is kind of meh late game. If you're stacking AP for daamge, it's usually understood that you need a void staff. Late game, just about everyone has an FoN or Banshees Veil.

Flat Mpen is applied before the % Mpen. So it's meh.

Flat Mpen is boss in the beginning because it makes you deal close to true damage.

cr8tiv

07-31-2011

I actually use both, it all depends on what your needs are. Here's a general guideline I follow to determine which to use:

Flat AP - is better for early farming because all minions start with 0 magic resist which scales up very slowly (2 per 3 minutes or so). Flat AP also boosts the effectiveness of support skills such as healing and shields.

Champions I use this for

Orianna - It boosts her passive, which makes last hitting with your autoattacks that much easier, which in turn saves you mana that you would have otherwise spent on a Command ball toss for farming. Of course, extra damage on your other skills, and better shield absorption is major icing on the cake!

Jungle Maokai - Makes his saplings and arcane smash simply PWN the jungle creeps, which means faster jungle clearing and a faster gank for your team!

Magic Pen - used to enhance your damage to champions because each point will increase your overall magic damage by a percentage, which scales better into the late game.

Champions I use this for

Maokai lane - His base damage on his auto attack and skills make it easy to last hit and farm, so I opt for Mpen to improve my harrassment capabilities.

Heimerdinger lane - Its so easy to farm with his turrets, so just like Maokai, I boost Mpen to make him own the champs so much easier.

Hope that helps!