LOL turns my moniter off

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyBeGood01

05-01-2010

sounds messed up right? its happened 5 times now. once in a while when i start a game i get a few seconds to buy an item then start moving to my lane (id say 5-10 seconds) my monitor will suddenly go black and the light that indicates my monitor is on starts blinking as if on stand by mode.

all i could do to fix the problem is to restart my entire computer which takes several minutes pretty much ruining the whole game.

when the problem occurs i cant alt tab out or anything. i can still hear the game going and can still move my hero. if i hit alt ctrl delete the sounds cuts but makes a weird noise as it does this. at this point if i try clicking my mouse all i hear is a kind of error sound (like a beep). dont know if any of thats relevant.

as i said b4 this has happend 5 times in normal games but when i try to make a practice game it happens EVERY TIME! wanted to test garen out b4 actually playing a normal game with him but after 4 attempts i gave up.

the last time it happend was last game and it didnt just happen once. normally if i restart i can get back in the game and play but this time the problem just kept repeating seconds after i get back in. at this point the game is unplayable for me so i really hope someone can find an answer to this.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

So what happens if you turn the monitor off and back on again?

I advise download HWMonitor, a program for monitoring temperatures on your computer. Check to see if your graphics card is overheating and turning itself off for safety.

JohnnyBeGood01

05-01-2010

if i turn it off then back on the problem persists.

i don't think its my video card overheating cause i play other games on this comp that puts a lot more pressure on it. this problem doesn't happen anywhere else and its always at the same time so i don't think its random it has to do with the game starting up.