Need Help with Shaco (JiTB Aggro)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NextLvlBuildsGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

Hey guys, I just bought Shaco and am trying to get used to him. I'm lvl 12 an am saving my money for tier 3 runes and other champs so I don't have any runes.

At this point, I'm having a tough time jungling but I've seen my friend manage to jungle with him pretty well at a similar level. My biggest problem is I can't get the monsters to focus on my boxes like my friend gets them to and like I see in every video. They pretty much just come straight for me and I lose way too much health. I've heard a couple different ways to avoid this but can't seem to find a consistent method to make things work like I need them to. Any suggestions?

NextLvlBuildsGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

Bump

DMPuffy

07-31-2011

You could try learning the times of all of the respawns, and pre-placing boxes. This only works if you show up just before they respawn, though. But generally things focus the boxes if the boxes initiate the fight with the fear before you attack.

Azellos

07-31-2011

This confused me for a long time when i started shaco until i googled a post about jitb aggro, he's the trick:

After the box fears the monster, it resets the aggro priority. Jitbs don't take aggro OVER you. Since you have equal aggro as the box, the monster will aggro whatever is CLOSER. Just practice backing off a step after the fear and you'll get it.

Try reginald's route, i find it works well for me. 2 at mini golem, 3 at red, smite blue wraith and do mini/red. Gets you to level 3 very quickly, after this either gank or go for wraiths/wolves. For items try mostly standard AD, some opt for a madreds bloodrazor because the clone also will do 4% hp every hit HOWEVER this is up to you, i opt for a wriggles lantern during jungle and replace it later on. Try Youmu>Mallet>Infinity Edge>Cleaver>Bloodthirster to replace wirggle's as a basic build.

NextLvlBuildsGG

07-31-2011

Ok thanks that's great info