Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lichbane and TF dont stack do they?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Easojo

07-31-2011

Logic would say no but it just occurs to me ive never thought of getting both before and never seen it mentioned.

kentuckychicken

07-31-2011

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Trinity_Force

No it doesn't.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

07-31-2011

Why would you get Trinity and Lich? I can think of maybe two champs that would do this: AP Jax and AP Ezreal.

Easojo

07-31-2011

Quote:
Exdeadman:
Why would you get Trinity and Lich? I can think of maybe two champs that would do this: AP Jax and AP Ezreal.

I was considering it for Maokai.

Phyroxis

08-02-2011

They do not. Trinity Force's proc shows up on your buffs as Sheen, and Lich Bane specifically says that it and Sheen do not stack. I think there was a family fight or something.

Lollingsgrad

08-14-2011

Is there a particular reason why it doesn't? I mean, Trinity boosts based on AD and Lichbane boosts based on AP. If you chose just to stack AP and get Lichbane you'd probably do around the same amount of damage as a hybrid splitting between AD and AP buying both items, what with their AP being less and their base damage making up the extra. It sounds like a nice boost to hybrid builds which can sometimes feel a bit lack lustre. Plus they're expensive items so you'd expect a powerful return on the investment.

I'm guessing it's this way on purpose and there's a way of exploiting it, would someone mind giving an example of a situation where this might cause imbalance?

3mptylord

08-14-2011

Having three damage procs would be OP.

After an ability, your next attack would deal (imagine I have 100 AD and 100 AP;
100 (Attack) + 100 (Sheen) + 100 (Lich Bane) + 150 (Trinity Force) = 450 damage in one auto-attack, just because you used an ability.

Now imagine this on someone like Yorick, using his Omen of War. Bonus damage of 150 (+1.2 per attack damage), so that's 270 (War) + 450 = 720 in one hit, which he can do every 5 seconds just with that one skill. He has 4 skills, and there is no cooldown on those procs. Of course, Yorick will likely have a lot more AD and a lot less AP, so Lichbane might seem a strange choice... but you get 135 AP just from having those three items.

Combining these three items would turn AD champions into legitimate casters.

Lollingsgrad

08-14-2011

I agree Sheen and Trinity shouldn't proc together since they effectively have the same unique passive and Sheen's too cheap. It's just Trinity and Lich Bane's I'm thinking should be able to proc side by side, since they are significantly different scaling off base AD and AP respectively and you have to keep in mind that you've spent 7540 building that. Also there's a 2 second cool down on those procs aren't there?

I suppose what you want to avoid is AD champs buying a Lich Bane just because the boost to their autoattack is big enough without building hybrid, but it's only an effective 80 bonus AD every 2 seconds which is probably extremely minimal for a carrying autoattacker. May be more useful for hybrid assassins though who would be able to use the combo for extra burst, so that's the context to consider it in.

Xtazed

08-15-2011

yes lich bane is a good item on TF

LancerXXX

08-16-2011

Quote:
Xtazed:
yes lich bane is a good item on TF

Is this a troll? In this thread TF=Trinity Force. NOT Twisted Fate.