Who does Shaco work well with?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apple Muffin

05-01-2010

Hey communtiy,

This is my first post on the forums. I tend to study past threads to learn about a game and its characters before posting my own questions and I did the same with LoL. I've experimented with the AD and AP Shaco and stacked crit damage runes. Once I earn more IP I'll build some different rune pages to work with.

My main question for this thread is "What companions mesh well with Shaco during the laning phase?" I know there's no clear cut facts about what works best in this game, especially since it is very situational. I'm just trying to find that little extra push to get more wins since right now I'm ~20 wins and ~20 losses. Don't know the exact numbers.

I do a decent job for playing him as a relatively new character in terms of the Kills/Death ratio; 12-3, 8-1, 30-9 to give you a rough idea. I still have some weak games here and there as well. I've played Alistar quite a bit, so I definately know that the KDR isn't the only important thing, but I figure a killer character would need to at least do well in that respect. My early game tends to start out slowly and I've seen a few things saying that he's gear dependent, so is it normal that many games start out 0-3 and end up like 9-4?

Other than a good KDR and the occasional backdooring I do, is there anything else I can get done for my team? I throw my JitBs behind fleeing allies to buy them time, build JitB nests around turrets and in bushes when I think they'll be hit relatively soon and try to do all the basic stuff that everyone should do, such as map awareness. Maybe I just forget to ensure proper teamwork in those losses?

If anyone has any gameplay tips for Shaco, I'm all ears.

Vienna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

Shaco requires a team that can largely hold teamfights without him. He's squishy and requires melee range to do real DPS.

He ganks extremely well, so Shaco has to play around it and try to keep the other team down enough that his team has a considerable advantage over them.

Apple Muffin

05-01-2010

In other words, if I'm looking to contribute more to my team, go back to Alistar or learn someone new? The jester has been really fun.

Voodoo Pygmy

05-01-2010

Janna can shield Shaco so when he goes to Deceive crit, he does extra damage and gets hurt less running back. Zilean can bomb him for a double burst of damage on Deceive. Maybe not the best combos but nice lil tricks

Louise

05-01-2010

janna + shaco is almost as good as janna + jax imo

Vienna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

Shaco contributes to the team in a completely different way. You can't compare them; it's like saying that Yi contributed more than Soraka.

Shaco isn't a bad hero by any stretch, see Xiaobing. It's just that there's few Shacos who can play to his strengths effectively.

Machinas

05-01-2010

Depends on whether you're AD or AP. Both shacoes work well as gankers, and basically take down the squishies in the back of the teamfight. AD Shaco works well with stunnerss and 1v1. AP shaco works well with people who can kite (Also blitzcrank -- nest+grab is funny.)

OrthodoxChaote

05-01-2010

Lane with Blitzcrank. A friend and I did that, me Blitz, him Shaco, and I fed him kills like you wouldn't believe.

Fluffy1

05-01-2010

i play ap shaco, ive found zilean to be his best lane partner as i can quickly decive and toss a shiv at their back as they run with a bomb on their head. almost guarantee's a kill for one of us. plus when he gets his ult were both hard to kill.

but ad shaco works well with anyone who has a stun as pointed out, he needs as much time as he can get before they get to a tower.

but this only applies to laning really, in teamfights they both play different roles.

shawster

05-01-2010

basically go bloodrazor, ga, banshees, and **** **** up.

it's really that easy