Potential solution to global teleport nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EUteekessel

07-31-2011

Pantheon's ultimate was perfectly fine. He was a weak AD carry with a good ultimate to compensate for it.
The point was, his ultimate had a LONG casting time. It required very good predictions of what would happen and really good planning to work out. I think that is what you want for an Ult, right? If used 100% correctly it's devastating, if used just 10% wrong it FAILS.

TF's Ultimate is simply TOO FAST. Two things to fix it:
1) Increase casting time of teleport by 3 seconds
2) Don't allow TF to lock in a stun card and keep it during the teleport, because this way he was able to teleport quickly and insta-stun afterwards.

I think the solution of limiting range was pathetic.

Carados

07-31-2011

Buffing a champion that is an automatic ban at any level of play is just dumb as ****, I'm sorry.

Pallypal

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claen View Post
As it is right now, the two available global teleports (courtesy of Twisted Fate and Pantheon) are piteous things which afford ill enough utility to be useful with a range of 5500 (which isn't even enough to jump from one lane to the next at the river in Summoner's Rift) and a minimally useful second effect (admittedly, global vision on enemy champs is very nice, but a great deal harder for TF to capitalise effectively on now).

I've seen a few suggestions to remedy the loss on range, ranging from travel time cooldowns to damage buffs and outright skill reworkings. Here is my two cents, taking functions of various ideas I've seen.

Firstly, both Gate and Grand Skyfall should scale with ranks. With the Rank 1 range at 5500. Rank scaling would be a 20-25% increase with each rank. This ends where the similarities between the two end, and would also serve to prevent their abilities from breaking Magma Chamber (if rumours about its size are to be believed).

Twisted Fate:
- Arrival should no longer be visible on map unless you have vision on the place where he is Gating to. This means that bushes are again safe zones to Gate to, and he can Gate in, out of enemy vision, to cut off an escape if he's in range. This alone would return his Gate to viability, even without the range scaling, but given how weak he is overall, I think both buffs are necessary to retain him as a high-level ranked pick.
- I can live without this, but a second of a shield of cards (strength based off of his AP ratio) upon Gate's arrival (not the send off though) that may or may not block CC would do wonders for fixing his survivability issues.

Pantheon:
- The length of his channel should be dependent on the distance he is traveling. The farther he wants to travel, the longer the channel, with a minimum channel time of 1 second, and a maximum of 4. Travel time could be maintained as is, or also scale with distance, at a time between 2 and 4 seconds.
- The radius appearing for enemy units should have time shaved off of it, even if only by two tenths of a second
- A short stun in the epicenter of his ult (within range 200 of Panth's position when landing) with a weak slow outside of it. This would also encourage a Pantheon to give thought to jumping as an initiation tool for a team fight that refuses to get started, and maybe even allow said Pantheon to survive the landing.

These changes do not reflect how I feel about both champions as a whole. Honestly, with these changes, Twisted Fate could be left otherwise as-is, but Pantheon... Pantheon still needs a load of help. I did see a capital suggestion in this thread though, involving converting him to a fury-based champion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=996297

Edit: And how about instead of just downvoting my post, actually posting what you don't like about it? I can take constructive criticism.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.
I don't like this change because I can't troll the enemy team as TF anymore... I won a team pub game with a friend playing TF that had every base tower kill, every inhibitor kill, and the nexus, backdooring alone against them with the ult. The rest of us just camped as hard as we could and won. Maybe this is a reason towards the nerf, but I don't think it was neccesary. Riot will be riot. Tryndamere is still broken IMO, but they wont fix him.

Will Ha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

All of TF's suggestions, no. The fact that you want him to get a buff, I'll say it again, NO. He's still annoying as hell and still top pick.

For Panth, maybe. let's see the buffs that are coming up this week first.

Hound Archon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

He's annoying, but he's not a top pick. And Gating carries tons of risk, especially if there happens to be minions nearby for the W-procced auto attack to target instead of a champ. In fact, at this point, it's only usable if he's almost in combat range already, and regardless, people can see where he's coming in from anywhere on the map because his gate-in is visible even in fog-of-war areas, which makes ganking with him require a massive amount of overextension from the other team. Otherwise, he's an insta-focus with a target painted on him, and an instantaneous squish. Any half-decent carry can shut him down quite easily, especially so if they've packed tenacity somewhere in their build.

He's really not that hard to shut down, and squishes faster than his stun comes up against any champ with a tenacity item. I personally would like his W to proc a Q-W-E (red-gold-blue) choice to make Pick A Card more reliable, with a potential control in which he can't choose the same card more than twice in a row to keep him from being able to virtually perma stun. This would both improve his combat utility and the reliability of his escapes, without damaging his character mechanic or making him overpowered.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.