Potential solution to global teleport nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hound Archon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2011

As it is right now, the two available global teleports (courtesy of Twisted Fate and Pantheon) are piteous things which afford ill enough utility to be useful with a range of 5500 (which isn't even enough to jump from one lane to the next at the river in Summoner's Rift) and a minimally useful second effect (admittedly, global vision on enemy champs is very nice, but a great deal harder for TF to capitalise effectively on now).

I've seen a few suggestions to remedy the loss on range, ranging from travel time cooldowns to damage buffs and outright skill reworkings. Here is my two cents, taking functions of various ideas I've seen.

Firstly, both Gate and Grand Skyfall should scale with ranks. With the Rank 1 range at 5500. Rank scaling would be a 20-25% increase with each rank. This ends where the similarities between the two end, and would also serve to prevent their abilities from breaking Magma Chamber (if rumours about its size are to be believed).

Twisted Fate:
- Arrival should no longer be visible on map unless you have vision on the place where he is Gating to. This means that bushes are again safe zones to Gate to, and he can Gate in, out of enemy vision, to cut off an escape if he's in range. This alone would return his Gate to viability, even without the range scaling, but given how weak he is overall, I think both buffs are necessary to retain him as a high-level ranked pick.
- I can live without this, but a second of a shield of cards (strength based off of his AP ratio) upon Gate's arrival (not the send off though) that may or may not block CC would do wonders for fixing his survivability issues.

Pantheon:
- The length of his channel should be dependent on the distance he is traveling. The farther he wants to travel, the longer the channel, with a minimum channel time of 1 second, and a maximum of 4. Travel time could be maintained as is, or also scale with distance, at a time between 2 and 4 seconds.
- The radius appearing for enemy units should have time shaved off of it, even if only by two tenths of a second
- A short stun in the epicenter of his ult (within range 200 of Panth's position when landing) with a weak slow outside of it. This would also encourage a Pantheon to give thought to jumping as an initiation tool for a team fight that refuses to get started, and maybe even allow said Pantheon to survive the landing.

These changes do not reflect how I feel about both champions as a whole. Honestly, with these changes, Twisted Fate could be left otherwise as-is, but Pantheon... Pantheon still needs a load of help. I did see a capital suggestion in this thread though, involving converting him to a fury-based champion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=996297

Edit: And how about instead of just downvoting my post, actually posting what you don't like about it? I can take constructive criticism.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

Meliorne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-30-2011

I agree with Everything except..

- If he lands right on top of a champ (like that would ever happen, but if it DID), make that champ suffer hard for their stupidity via true damage at 0 range.

Still, Wall of well Done Text.

Hound Archon

07-31-2011

Eh. That bit was thrown on as an afterthought anyway. I'd be happy with just the stun radius, in conjunction with the fury system changes. Regardless, it would be nice if someone from Riot in charge of balancing looked at these suggestions and gave them serious thought, or even implemented some of them. Any one of the changes I've suggested, on their own, would stand well as a positive buff, and altogether might even put these characters back into contention.

I won't get my hopes up too high though.

Carnack

07-31-2011

Okay the text is kinda making my eyes hurt so answer me this.

Will it prevent undetectable-till-it's-too-late backdooring (the primary purpose for the nerf)?

Hound Archon

07-31-2011

The range scaling would make it so instead of not being able to even jump from one lane to the next at max rank, you can almost make it to the river neutral monster on the opposite side of mid. Therefore, there won't be any teleporting from spawn to enemy nexus nonsense, indeed, the farthest they could go from spawn would be either the two outer turrets on top/bot, or the second turret at mid (if my perception of the range increases is correct). The whole 'undetectable until it's too late' backdooring deal is a matter Riot will have to take up with Master Yi, because TF and Pantheon were not nearly as effective at it as Master Yi has always been.

deconandnos

07-31-2011

I would have to agree with your last post...Yi is ridiculous on speed at high levels...not only that in the past year I have only been able to pull off ONE!!! backdoor...and i've become pretty good with TF...and now they frikin nerf the sucker...people were always smart enough (at least in games I usually play) to know that...if there was a TF in the game it would be a good idea to probably stay nearer to your base while you know his ult is up...and push during the time you know it is recharging...its pretty simple really...these changes are getting lamer and lamer...now im probably going to be banned by all the report happy idiots out there who use 'unskilled play' or 'intentional feeder' like it's going out of style, for having to get up to par with other lvl27 and higher players again...I guess it is my fault that I only dedicated a TON of time to a single champion over the course of nearly a frikin year...

HikariKnight

07-31-2011

The teleport cast times for TF and Pantheon should be shorten to compensate for the range nerf, so they arrive sooner after casting where to appear on, for TF, should be really quick, for Pantheon, maybe a .5-1 sec quicker, since his does damage on impact.

Carados

07-31-2011

Why are you suggesting buffing TF, who is still one of the best champions in the game?

Vu Sugoi

07-31-2011

the changes they did on the pant and tf's ult is good. It prevents you from tp instantly to one lane to another which makes it a bit more challenging to suddenly pop in for the kill without setting yourself up.

HikariKnight

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jireo View Post
the changes they did on the pant and tf's ult is good. It prevents you from tp instantly to one lane to another which makes it a bit more challenging to suddenly pop in for the kill without setting yourself up.
umm, TF can still jump lane to lane, the nerf was intend so he couldnt go far into lane from base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Why are you suggesting buffing TF, who is still one of the best champions in the game?
The original excuse people had for their ults not being OP, was because the enemy team was aware of them ulting, since TF debuffs everyone with vision, you know he's coming, and Panth leaves a visible target circle on his landing spot, the only other solution i can see to compensate for this, is to reduce the window or awareness that people get when TF, Pan use their ult.