Nidalee's Spear needs to go

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2011

No, broseph. YOU need to go.

Slightly to the left.

LOOK AT THAT YOU DODGED THE OBVIOUS INCOMING SKILLSHOT.

Hound Archon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2011

They are looking at changing some things about Nidalee (they've outright said that her heal is getting nerfs), so it is a possibility that her spear might get nerfed. But her spear isn't the OP part, btw. Her heal has the best scaling in the game for a heal, with a nasty attack speed boost on it. Her spear is not a game changer with a smart tank on your team to eat the spear for you, or a banshee's veil/spell shield. Think about investing in those, and getting behind something that will tank the shot for you. I will *always* stress this, team play is absolutely key in this game. Being good by yourself wins no games.

She has no crowd control, so her focus is going to be flat damage and/or support output. Without at least one of those, she might as well be Kayle (who is now the worst, most underwhelming character choice in the game, except for maybe Evelyn, and I used to main Kayle :< ).

Yes, her spear is a nasty nuke. Yes, it hits like a gods-be-****ed truck at max range. But it's still a skillshot, and fairly easy to dodge if you aren't charging a bush that Nidalee's in, and you aren't moving in a straight line all the time. If you truly cannot dodge it, I can't suggest anything other than play a tank, and build some health and solid MR.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

little black b0y

07-30-2011

it's hard to dodge a spear 3-4 times the size of Ezreals skillshot. She really needs a nerf, and if not the spear what about if she rushes to level up heal ability instead?

400 hp heal every 5 seconds at like level 8 or 9 is beyond even what Soraka can do.

D1rtySanchezZ

07-30-2011

You sir, are wroong. Yes at max range with max spear throw and a dorans ring it dose 599.375, but u didnt take into consideration the 30 mr that every champ starts out with. That 30 mr usualy means 20% magc damage reduction. So 599.375 x 80% = 479.5. Which yes is still alot but. No nid will ever max there spear throw 1st. They will put points into other skills because of her puma form (unless maxing the spear throw is there game plan, which in that case im wrong)
So in conclusion:
L2p
L2juke
And l2 calculate.

Ps. I no that ppl who play nid will have magic pen runes and ap runes which will alter the calculations but mine were based on what the original poster had posted.

SupremeKhan

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Waka View Post
i remember when i didn't know how to move left or right
LOL MAN. dats a good 1

Diamondragan

07-30-2011

Ezreal gets **** damage on his skillshots. What? No sympathy there?

There's a huge post with 200 upvotes abotu Nidalee needing buffs. You know what I think? **** Nidalee. Nerf her to garbage so that people actuall have somethign to complain about.

I'm tired of this bull****. Mordekaiser, Gangplank, Singed, Annie, Nidalee, Amumu, Lux, Vayne, and Vlad are "underpowered", and Renekton, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, Warwick, and Garen are "overpowered".

Yeah, GG community. You crit the logic straight out of my brain. ONLY THE RAGE REMAINS.

Prof YANA

07-30-2011

It's got to be one of the slowest moving skill shots I've seen, and the hitbox size is usually more of a detriment than a help - it makes it hit minions when the projectile itself doesn't touch them.

little black b0y

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas Minus One View Post
It's got to be one of the slowest moving skill shots I've seen, and the hitbox size is usually more of a detriment than a help - it makes it hit minions when the projectile itself doesn't touch them.
Um, turn into tiger, leap over minions, and get ez shot. Wow you're pretty ignorant. I bet you're one of those Nidalee players who's ingame and when people cry OP you say "yea I know I am".

Also no,it's really not that slow moving. I find Orianna's skillshots to be much slower

durielvs

07-30-2011

the spear is more like a rage spell but not really a nice ability

is like teemos R

Hound Archon

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondragan View Post
Ezreal gets **** damage on his skillshots. What? No sympathy there?

There's a huge post with 200 upvotes abotu Nidalee needing buffs. You know what I think? **** Nidalee. Nerf her to garbage so that people actuall have somethign to complain about.

I'm tired of this bull****. Mordekaiser, Gangplank, Singed, Annie, Nidalee, Amumu, Lux, Vayne, and Vlad are "underpowered", and Renekton, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, Warwick, and Garen are "overpowered".

Yeah, GG community. You crit the logic straight out of my brain. ONLY THE RAGE REMAINS.
...I think I'm in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durielvs View Post
the spear is more like a rage spell but not really a nice ability

is like teemos R
Logic! WHERE ARE YOU?!

This be Claen'tor, signing off.